Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yellow, Auto, Fully loaded company lease vehicle, all docs including original invoice and Marti, recently restored, runs/drives needs a little work for daily driver or show, $25,000 O.B.O. email [email protected] for more info.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Yellow, Auto, Fully loaded company lease vehicle, all docs including original invoice and Marti, recently restored, runs/drives needs a little work for daily driver or show, $25,000 O.B.O. email [email protected] for more info.
Holy cow, Jeff! I just got your documents email... I think whoever leased that car originally made sure he had all the important boxes checked off on the order sheet!

"Fully Loaded"
Eliminator package
F70x14 tires
FMX automatic
courtesy lights
automatic seat back release
power windows
console
power brakes
power steering
air conditioning
tilt steering wheel
rear window defogger
AM/8-track
intermittant wipers
Decor group
tinted glass - complete
deluxe belts / warning lights
styled steel wheels
comp suspension.

Wow...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost all options anyway, 2 page invoice thats rare. I got it running last weekend, been sitting since thre great recession.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
That is a very nicely optioned car. All it's missing is a sunroof and the collapsible spare tire to be fully loaded. My Cougar also has 19 options listed on the Marti report and I've never seen another one before yours with that many.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Sweet optioned car! Wish I had the $$$$$!!! Just for giggles, what color(s)? Pics????

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is yellow with deluxe interior, hounds tooth seats, tilt wheel, power steering, brakes, windows,etc,etc,etc..... :smoke:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I would like to avoid the hassle of listing this car on Ebay and or Autotrader and sell it here as I did my unrestored 70 Boss Eliminator 7 years ago.

Asking price is $20,000 O.B.O. I have all documentation. The car is an opperable incomplete restoration but wont need much to finish up for one of of E Cat.

Here is what I dont have, Factory 14" styled steel wheels (has brand new 15" Magnum 500"s with new BF Goodrich TA'S), camera case trim for glove box side (have instument cluster camera case not shown in pic's but goes with car) ignition is MSD (not stock), All a/c parts are on car except compressor but have one that goes with it. No spare tire, tach does not work, power windows switches need work. Car is very solid, found no rust issues beneath underlayment of carpet area, trunk, etc. I also have a complete 70" 351 C M code (4v) engine with FMX tranny I will include at asking price or sell seperately for $1000. Inspections, shipping, taxes are buyers responsibility and expense. Please call me @ 760-702-1029 if you are sincerely interested and I will forward pictures and documentation.

I will be considering offers through the end of Feb.

This car has been in family for 30 years and hope the next owner/owners enjoys it as long.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Wish I had the garage space. This car is begging to be done up for BJ. I'd split this project with a buddy in a heart beat.

Best of luck with the sale.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put a new fuel filter on carb and straightened it right up, ignition does not appear to be an issue it was fuel delivery, ran it up to freeway speeds plus, light to light etc, runs very well, one legs it out of hole and barks 2cd, rides and steers tight and brakes well, got alot of looks and one picture taken downtown. win/ win, price is still only $20,000 :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No offers were accepted through Feb. so this concludes the initial offer at 20k O.B.O., We are in process to complete resto and relist on major forum in couple months.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts