Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey cougar family, the car is soon to be picked up by Don.. one lucky man to get this rare car and i hope he enjoys it as much as my grandma did.. Congrats Don and thanks to all who offered help/info with the sale of this gem..

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
You are welcome. The minute I saw it I knew that it was a car Don needed to own. I would have bought it if I wasn't so deep in Cougar reproduction parts development expenses.... There has to be a limit to what you can put into this hobby.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I'm waiting for either you, or Brian (mmmeat) to define that limit so I can show my wife how frugal I am.

Roy
I'd be divorced if my wife knew what I spent on car parts.... I have contemplated having ebay purchases sent to an address other than mine!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey everyone...Don is coming to pick up his car today and i need to see if i can get ahold of him. If anyone has his cell number, or can call him and have him call me,,,that would be great....JD 480-262-8018

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
.....I spent on car parts....
You're not spending, you're investing in non-depreciating assets. Our wives should shower us with praise for the savvyness of all of this...... Of course we'd be happy with just a __________.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I'm waiting for either you, or Brian (mmmeat) to define that limit so I can show my wife how frugal I am.

Roy

Time, money and talent..that seems to be what it takes to make a nice Collectible car even nicer..

My problem is the $ s spent within my comfort zone has reached it's max and the time keeps stretchin' and the talent..well, that's a matter of school of hard-knocks :uhoh: but I'm workin' on it.

What the limit is can only be determined by how you sleep and how the rest of your life is affected by the passion, IMHO. I know I'm past it, though..the passion can be overwhelming and then it can be a ****** to deal with when "times are tough"..such as now..

I seriously had a long talk with the Mrs. this am because I'm stressed and can't even sleep at night..I said I want to cut back on a lot of stuff (having a tough time with work, getting bashed in the head financially suddenly) including Cougars..she affectionately just kept poking me and tickling me and telling me to grow a set..this will pass, she says..keep after it.

Sheesh, I sometimes wish she was more of a controlling drama queen, she won't set any boundaries for me and I need help!!

I need to call her and tell her how much I love her, lol :jump3:

Gotta sell more meat, gotta sell more meat, gotta sell more meat..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts