Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 70' standard cougar that I bought in california{LA sales code} that I've lost interest in.{have a new project to play with} She needs to go to someone who'll finish the restoration. The complete subframe is 100% intact, but the fenders have the usual dents and dings. Zero thru rust on the body pannels. Was code "G" green, now looks silver{heavily faded and had been repainted same color already}. Interior is standard, and dark green, but I have a full set of black XR-7 door pannels and rear one too. Have the XR-7 gauge pods{tach and clock} and a center counsul{tan in color} along with the normal set-up. Has 61 origonal miles, 351C 2bbl{with edelbrock 4bbl manifold and performer carb-600}, FMX trans{and an AOD}, 9" rear w/3.00 to 1 gear, Factory AC and power steering. Has a 3 spoke rosewood wheel in good shape from a 71' cougar XR-7. Has 69' ralley wheels, but needs center caps and correct trim rings. This is an unfinished restoration...pick up where I left off. Asking $1700.00 for everything{including factory glovebox manual/ sales brochures/and work shop manual} Pay my price and I'll throw in the MPC cougar model kit too! -Bob

·
Registered
59 Posts
70 cougar

I'm interested in that 70 cougar. I'll give it a good home, right next to my '68 cougar XR-7. I'll get back to you on that one.:dogpile:

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Where are you located??

Jeff
70 Conv.
70 XR7 hdtp with hounds tooth

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Yes, I saw it after I sent the post. Thanks. What is Aurora close to?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your serious, I'd say we take up less space here and email each other directly...BTW, nice shop there...love the austin's! Oh, If you go to mapquest or use any common atlas, you'll find aurora- 60miles due west of lower chicago....I-88 runs through it. -Bob

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
OLDCAT

Contact me after the holidays and we will talk. If you could please forward the vin information, door data and pics if possible. My email at home is [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts