Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I need the running cat emblems for both the front nose grill, and the rear fuel cover plate.

You can contact me direct at: [email protected]

Thanx,
Mike
Mike,
IIRC you have an XR-7 convertible. The XR-7 in '70 does not have a running cat on the grill it should look like this;

Also, the fuel door cover is the Lincoln Mercury crest found on '69 & '70. Only the 1970 Eliminators received the running cat fuel door.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am currently having the car painted, have already added a hood scoop & rear spoiler. I am building a semi-Eliminator clone and plan to black out the tail light trim and front grill. Looking to add the running cats to finish it off.

Thanx,
Mike

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mike,do you really want to take Eliminator parts(Original) and add them to a CLONE? If you do, my parts are $1000.00 for the nose pc.1200.00 for the gas door.These are only spares cause I wouldn't rip off a real car for them!By the by you said SEMI- Clone!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, a semi-clone. I am keeping the woodgrain interior and XR7 door panels and dash emblem. I am not trying to pass the car off as an Eliminator, and it's a convertible anyhow. I though the running cat was used on all non-XR7's.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
The running cat emblems are offered in reproduction form in several sizes. Check with John's Classic Cougars, WCCC, Cascade Classics as they should have them.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

1 - 9 of 9 Posts