Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to look at a '70 Cougar today, from CL saying it was sitting in a garage for 20years, runs, body rough....$900. I figured I could work a rough car to a daily driver, I've done some bad cars with success....really wanted it, a new project and finally a '70! (knowing I'll prolly never see my first one).
Whoa! Rough was an understatement, roof creased from storing things on it, very baseline, no front seats, and a mismatching front clip, accident? None of the chrome looked good. Vinyl roof and trim gone, and worst of all.....both A pillars rusted so bad, I don't think they are fixable...maybe a talented pro, but certainly not me....I don't mind taking on, and taking the time to bring back a rough car, but unfortunately I don't think this car has a chance...very sad. So I'm still looking...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, sorry, did not get vin...do we document vin's even if not ours, or going to rubbish? I did not know....I will in future if that's how it works, but I need to know where and how....Andy

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Owned, for sale, abandoned, junkers, cars found in wrecking yards etc. All classic Cougars, dead or alive.
All 1967-73 VIN's with all door data plate information, plus any and all information from the body buck tags (Dearborn cars only) and options on car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts