Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a few more items I need
New set of Bumper bolts front and back
Front rubber spacers between fenders and front bumper,I have one good one need one more or a set.
Keep me posted if you have a nice new or clean set available.

John

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
The spacers are available repro and so are the front bolts.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Original 1969/1970 Cougar front bumper bolts have a larger diameter head size, than the rear bumper bolts do. I'm talking about the bolts with the square footprint that actually touches the chrome surface on your bumpers and shows. Also, from what I can tell, Mustangs only used the smaller bolt heads on both the front and rear bumpers. The original bumper bolts have a stainless steel cap over the head of the bolt. Any competent chrome shop can polish them to look like new, or if the stainless cap is damaged, you can have them chrome plated.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott do you have some out there ready to go. This other stuff I got looks great too from you. I probally could send you these used ones for cores,once they are off the car. Just will be needing them soon.Already have the new NOS bumpers for it. Just lookign for the original bumper bolts or redone ones. Thanks
John
The 70 convertible 4 speed, go sandblasted for my buddies project,and has made it back to the shop and be prepped. Looks like were going with new floor pans!!!But atleast that was the only bad part about the body. Can anyone recommend any good reproductions or ones I shouldnt use!! I do have a set of long pans here,but one has alot of surface rust on it,might be able to use it as it had been sitting in car for a while and moisture..Could get them to sandblast them I guess too,and just use them. I know the seat risers are all good,so thats no problem for those.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Found some NOS rubber spacers today while going through a box.
So IM still on hunt for a place to get the right bumper bolts.
Also,I forgot, I reallly really need a nice set of convertible style seatbelts.I have a set of 68 black I would consider trading partial
or just buy a set outright. The ones on my buddies project are a little rusty,need restored.
any help would be appreciated.
thanks
If anyone is looking for convertible parts.I found some more front window trim sets,header plates,rear boot trims,standard and xr7

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Don hooked me up with some of the parts today
thanks again

Anyone have a set of vacumm line for 70 convertible engine compartment out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts