Mercury Cougar Owners banner

421 - 429 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
That is a little far and out of my price range at the moment, but does look like a good price for the condition. One in that shape around here would be easily north of 20k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love the Rat Rod for now concept, I've always believed that cars are meant to be driven. I've being running my '69 with the "Patina" look. It needs rust repair and a paint job, I always dreamed of an eliminator clone. But for now I drive it as is. Mechanicaly it runs great just looks a bit rough. I've also got a '72 Mach 1, bright red and much better looking than the old cat. I get more comments and thumbs up when I drive the Cougar. Bye the way the Cougar is a sport special & my daily driver.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
Well i couldn't stand it any longer, i found a bronco that I just couldn't pass up. I dont remember any of my photo uploading accounts, so can't post a pic yet. But I am super excited

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
COOL! Looking forward to hearing about it! I want one too...... got way to many projects to take one on. If you put it on a Bronco forum post the link here and I'll follow it Mike.....

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #426 (Edited)
Well, again been to long since I have been on here. The bikes and the cougar have taken a back seat to the Bronco lately. I started the whole project with putting 4 wheel disc brakes on it, and then was going to put fuel injection on it because the carb was junk and wanted reliability. The it just became one giant snowball of "well while I'm in there, I might as well...." So now it has a 6 inch lift, modern 5 speed transmission, 395 stroker, custom built dash, and loads of other goodies. And ordering interior next week. I have a problem.......

I have driven the cougar some, but the last time out the fuel pump went out on me and barely got me home. So now I am going to get rid of the dead head system and do a regulated return, should be interesting.

let's see if I can get a picture of the Bronco engine posted

20170715_144712.jpg

20170906_185706.jpg

well that is tiny, but i guess you can click on it

421 - 429 of 429 Posts