Mercury Cougar Owners banner

401 - 420 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Well I don't know about all that, but thank you, Bob. Hopefully I will get back to it when I get past some drama and truck and medical expenses from the accident.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Dang Mike - how bad were you hurt? Hope things are going well otherwise.....

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
I wasn't hurt seriously or anything, just a badly broken nose and several stitches in my eyebrows/forehead. Nothing that won't heal. But the medical bills are scaring me, until I get reimbursed. Otherwise, I am good for the most part. Thank you for your concern, Mike.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
We seem to have a pretty good gathering of injury prone people on this board! LOL Bob fell of his boat - got all kinds of titanium parts out of the deal. Ray got ran over by some dude out West and put him out of commmision for awhile, and a couple of other guys have had back surgeries and whatnot, I tore my bicep tendon last year.......and that doesn't even cover all the gettin old stuff we all have to deal with! <Sigh>

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
We seem to have a pretty good gathering of injury prone people on this board! LOL Bob fell of his boat - got all kinds of titanium parts out of the deal. Ray got ran over by some dude out West and put him out of commmision for awhile, and a couple of other guys have had back surgeries and whatnot, I tore my bicep tendon last year.......and that doesn't even cover all the gettin old stuff we all have to deal with! <Sigh>
Mike,

In my case, you don't know the half of it! I will have news in the next few days, suffice it to say for now that my "road to recovery" is a very long and trying one.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Damn, Bob. Sorry to hear about that. I don't know that I caught anything about that, I haven't been too active on the forums lately. Hope everything turns out well for you.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
And to add to the list of peoples injuries, my falling off a roof and shattering my foot and compound fracture my femur in april of 2011. Car is looking pretty good mike, hey you still got the spare parts from what we were working on a price? If so PM me i like to talk to you about them..

thanks
pat

·
Registered
132 Posts
Awesome build! I like how you did the wiring. Do you have any pics or can you describe how you did the wiring through the firewall for the headlight harness? Where did you locate the hole and how did you connect the headlight harness to your main harness?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
Wow, I have been out of the game way too long. I have had a whole lot of crap going on, mainly the accident and a divorce. I still have under 900 miles on the cat, but she still runs great. I plan on doing more work on her soon. Only problem is I now have a project bike to build as well, and a trail toy I have been working on, and another Harley now. I think I may have too many projects. Is there a such thing?

On the wiring, I don't remember all the details right off, but I went to the other side of the inner fender to hide them. I used the original headlight harness and just tied it into the new fuse box. I punch a new hole on the other side of the fender apron and just grommeted it. There is still a huge pile of wiring under the dash, probably just as much as original, but very little of the original harness was even useful for the changes I made.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Mike,

LTNS buddy! Glad to see you back. Sorry to hear about the divorce, that sucks, especially when there is a child. What accident? I seem to remember your truck was hit or something or was it something different?

Not sure if it has been this long since you were around but just in case, I built a 408C with a fully forged Scat rotating assembly, Trick Flow heads and custom HR cam. I went into the 12's last summer at the local race track. Pretty good for the car and me weighing over 4000 lbs.

Anyway, great to see you back around!

Regards,

Robert

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Thank you, Bob.

It does suck with a little involved, but I think in the long run it will be better. I am just trying to be the best dad there ever was. I was referring to the truck thing, it is still going on, ended up having to have surgery, and possibly another in the future.

I saw something about you building another engine, but haven't caught up on it. Will have to check out the ECI thread when I get a chance. I'm working in the garage today, but the only thing on the list for the cat today is possibly O2 sensor bungs. I have been traveling a bunch and trying to spend as much time with my baby girl as possible.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
Thank you, Andy. Glad to see that all the same people are still around for the most part. Have you been working on any cool bike projects lately? I am almost done getting all the parts I need for the Beezer engine, just have to get the cam and followers sent off to be reworked and get the rotating assembly balanced. The Harley engine will probably get reworked soon too. Now if I can just keep myself from buying an early Bronco, I might be able to get some of these projects moving along.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Yeah, I had a K75, an old beater Nighthawk, and a CB750k I was working on, and sold before I got them finished. Now I'm stuck with my 71 cb350 I'll likely sell this spring. I bought a house that has a detached garage and have the Cougar in a million pieces fixing rust and stuff.
Still have the old 54 Indian in the barn sitting there doing nothing. The old men have started slap fighting over the parts in mid-ohio and barber swap meets, so it's super expensive to reassemble. I'll probably just sell the rolling chassis and get it out of here.

Beezers are nice, man. :) The wife wants an old Beezer to sit around and look at, so I'll probably buy a frame and piece together enough broken **** to make a living room bike out of it without having to keep it running.

Thinking about buying another new bike to commute on so I can focus my money and time on the cougar. I'd like to run the Texas mile and the lakes next year, and do Hot Rod Power Tour and stuff. Also want to do some road tripping and backpacking and rally stuff with it. So, it won't be too wild.

Buy the Bronco. Do it!! Do eeeet!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
I want a bronco so bad i can't stand it. I thought I found a 64 half cab for 1500 last year, but it was way too rusty to be worth it.

If you get a beezer and need and parts for it, let me know. There are 2 guys in the area that would have anything you could want. One has about a 30000 square foot warehouse and the other has as much as would fit in a 30000 in about 5000.

If you do sell the Indian, keep me in mind.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I want a bronco so bad i can't stand it. I thought I found a 64 half cab for 1500 last year, but it was way too rusty to be worth it.
Early Bronco's are cool. I've owned a couple and regret selling every day. If what you found was an original half cab, it was probably worth it. You can't buy a Bronco that isn't rusty for under 7K, particularly if it isn't uncut. By the way, the first year for the Bronco was 1966.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Love them early broncos as well.

Co worker has 4 of them, a 1966, 2 1970`s and a 1976. Good to see you back on here mike. Sorry to hear bout the divorce but again glad to see you back!!!!

thanks
pat

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Who doesn't have a soft spot for an early Bronco!! Glad your back in the saddle Mike. To bad about the divorce - they are way to common these days. Get well and keep us posted....

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
I guess the one i was looking at was a 66. It was an original and uncut, but it had been sitting in a yard for years. No engine, and no paint left, but I remember it being an early production one, serial number in the 700's. But it was really rusty, and when something is rusty enough to need a roof, it kinda scares me away. I will find one one of these days.

401 - 420 of 429 Posts