Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, this will probably get me band from the forum but I feel I need to let everyone know I had a purchase agreement on some 1970 bolt in glass (see 1969/70 parts for sale). Sent the seller a money order. The seller then contacted me and told me the glass was not acceptable to sell due to chips. So the seller returned my money order plus some cash for my time. Then I find out it was sold to another member. So buyer beware with this person.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
He who shall remain nameless----or is it shamless? Maybe you sold it to cheap...or maybe he wasn't really happy with it - hard to know without particulars? I'd have to say, for the most part the dudes on this board have been pretty good to deal with. One bad apple can certainly leave a bad taste in your mouth - I can understand if you thought you were helping somebody out and got shang-highed.....I would say you could PM everyone that wants to know the member - but it's hard to say if on the other hand his story isn't known in all fairness. IDK - Let sleeping dogs lie, unless this is a habitual thing, which everybody should know of course.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Ray,

This is not going to get you banned, but I would suggest (if you have not already done so) getting in touch with Gary and talking this through. I understand why you would be upset but maybe things are not as they seem? All I am saying is talk to the seller before you start slinging mud based on circumstance alone.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Not taking sides but I too have a tendacy to react strongly when something doesnt feel right but consider this: Maybe once he was prepping teh glass for shipping to you he wasn't comfortable with the condition he represented it in? Someone else may not have cared as much and if it was re-represented a little better and the guy still wanted it no harm no foul.

Sounds to me like the seller tried his very best to make it right with you.. Not often you get someone compensating you above and beyond the sale price.

All the details may never be clear but probably best to take your money and move on to another parts source. I'm sure Don could sort something out with you :) Good luck man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts