1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Found this while cruising the net.It's not my car nor do I know anything about it,I'm just putting it out there in case someone is looking for such a cat

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1970-Mercury-Cougar-428-cobra-jet-ELIMINATOR-Documented-real-W0QQAdIdZ280707390#
0F91Q514918

Not in the registry, very high number of options, 428, Auto, PS, PDB, PW, tilt w/ rimblow, console, tinted glass, AM/8 Trac, automatic seat back releases, interval wipers, space saver spare and styled steel wheels.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Looks to me like it needs another 40-60k put into the car to bring it up to par. Seems like top dollar for the amount of work left to do. Then again what do I know :) It is a 428 Elim :) Would definitely want to go over the body work at that price and see whats been done. Guess I'm kinda cheesed cause it would be a wicked car to have heh, just not going to happen at $25k

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Someday I will get smart and pulll the 428CJ engine out of my car and put it in a car it belongs in...But until that day I will just be an idiot riding around in my convertible with a 428...

·
Registered
103 Posts
After doing some checking, this car is a re-body........ :(

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Someday I will get smart and pulll the 428CJ engine out of my car and put it in a car it belongs in...But until that day I will just be an idiot riding around in my convertible with a 428...
Most idiots I know tend to not smile as much as you probably do while driving that car. Your idiot status is questionable, sir.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If anyone knows the VIN # for this car, please forward it to me - as I would like to note that it is a re-body in the 428CJ registry. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
0F91Q514918

Not in the registry, very high number of options, 428, Auto, PS, PDB, PW, tilt w/ rimblow, console, tinted glass, AM/8 Trac, automatic seat back releases, interval wipers, space saver spare and styled steel wheels.
Here you go Scott. It was already posted, but musta slipped past you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts