Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put headers on my 70 351C 4V, but I am having problems finding ones that fit. There is limited room. Anyone have headers on a 4V 351C?

Thanks,

RayJ

·
Premium Member
414 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ray,

I think you have an automatic yes? I am running Dynomax headers that I bought from Jegs. I had them sent to JETHOT to have them coated. They cost $100 from Jegs. They make them to fit 2 and 4 barrel heads. I ran them with my FMX and now the new C-4 with no clearance problems whatsoever.

Kirk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I was out of town today but my son and his friend got the cat running. Next Friday the engine is removed and sent to the shop to port and polish heads, install the 393 stroker, and hook up nitrous. I figured I'd get the headers while the engine is out. How about steering....which product do you use? Total Control or flaming river?

Thanks,

RayJ
70 XR7

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
I have run a number of el-cheapos over the years but those brands (Eagle, Blackjack => Dynomax) have all been absorbed. You still have a number of low cost to high cost choices:
Hooker ($$) #6920: $189.99
Hedman ($$$)
Holley's "Flowtech" brand ($): 12118FLT
Ford Powertrain ($$$):
Check them out
Dynomax ($): 85064 from Jegs or Summit

There are a number of other choices but this should get you started.

·
Registered
885 Posts
RayJ,

Check out the thread "Control Valve Advice" from last December for a Flaming River story.

Steve C.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Lots of headers

Got to the site I posted they have some for tight fits www.streetrodstuff.com it may give you a start

1 - 8 of 8 Posts