and i`ll buy it, cause my cat doesnt have 1. Heres the part number i
got from it D0ZE-8146-B.
thanks
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a 70 XR7 conv. with a 24" fan shroud, badly beat up. i have been looking for a new one. the reproduction ones are fiberglass rather than the original gray fiber, so i haven't bought yet. i would worry that the fiberglass would crack soon with the engine vibrations. good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hope this shroud works

Lets see,
i did win the shroud on ebay now i may have another dillema.There is supposedly a restrictor piece to help with the flow of coolant that goes thru the engine.My car may not have that piece, does anyone have 1 that they are willing to sell if i dont have it ? Plus would a alum. water pump help out the cooling process at all either?
thanks
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible

·
Registered
8 Posts
the two best articles i have read on cooling old cats are:
"How to Cool It, Man" by Bruce Habel on the The Classic Cougar Network, the TCCN site. I don't know if you can still get to it since it's being shut down.
And the April, 2001 issue of Mustangs & Fords, page 54:
"Understanding Cooling Systems", by Jim Smart, excellent article.

Bottomline, cooling Cougars is difficult for a variety of reasons. age, rebuilt engines, bad fan systems, too much crap in front the radiator, bad radiators.

They all like thermostat controlled clutch fans( might have to hunt for one of these that's original), 180 degree thermostats (but not 160 degree), the high volume water pumps (20 to 30% more water flow, Edelbrock, miloden, weiant), cleaning and flushing the engine water jackets, re-coring the radiator (you could go to the expensive racing radiators like Griffin but who's got $500), &coolant recovery systems.

understand that these improvements will kill you if you're looking for points in the car show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts