Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found car in little town in North East WA. The guy wants $3,000. Reported to run well but needs paint. I am going to drive up there tomorrow and look. I will get vin and door codes. The engine is 351 W 4V with no power options. If anyone is interested I can forward you to him.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Swamper,Isn't that your winter cat you are going to look at?;)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has rust through left quarter 3/8" (hole), top, deck lid. Interior needs total replacement except white door pannels. All exterior parts there and straight. There is bondo in rr quarter. Edelbrock intake and carb, Mallory dist & coil. This was 2 V 351W. It would be costly restoration but lots of good parts. 509-447-0256. I can't remember his name. Looks like cenerline wheels. This is about all I remember from looking. It is a T-10 Hurst competition Plus.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
"It is a T-10 Hurst competition Plus"

Does this mean it's not a 4 speed from the factory? Then it would be a Top loader with Hurst shifter. Do you think the money he wants is a good price for condition with the options on it? Neal.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If parting it can make out all right. I wouldn't do it to restore. It is top loader.
I'm a little picky on a project. I don't do my own body work or exterior paint. He has readvertised this for $2,400. I don't have room to part a car. I wouldn't think it will suffer an other winter in open without more rust through- probably roof(now scale)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts