Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a complete running 70 351c 2v motor that I have no use for sitting in my garage. I took this motor out of a car I parted out and have heard it run. It has been rebuilt at some point but I have no Idea has to how many miles ago. I know I had it running for about an hour and it held over 60lbs oil pressure idling warm with no noises what so ever. I myself would not hesitate to bolt it right in and run it if I had something to put it in. Carb will need rebuilt as it sat for a long time and is probably full of crap. Make me an offer and come get it out of my Garage. I am in NW Indiana near Valporaiso about an hour from Chicago and 2 hours from Indianapolis. Will trade for 69 parts or 351 windsor rebuild parts. mm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
HMMMM,
if you could only have it shipped to RI ,i may consider taking it
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shipping it would be a pain and a little costly. Have to build a crate, haul it 40 miles to the nearest ltl freight terminal. Second thought, it dont take up that much room in the garage.mm

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cougarmanjr. I was thinking $225. Make me an offer though, I'm very flexable on this. Where in W.MI are you from. I'm about an hour from New Buffalo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
MM,

I am interested in the engine you have. My only problem is that my timing is not good right now. I am buying a new house on 8/15, moving in by 8/31, and having a child aroung 9/10. I also have no where to store it till we get the house becuase my storage unit is packed full. Now that will be a different story when we get the house :) If you still have it next month, I am sure that we could work something out and I can pick it up.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve, I dont have a problem with that. Just let me know. I would like to see it go to someone who could use it as I do belive its a good engine. It has had some sit time on it though and while its out I would think that it would be a good idea to pull the pan and put in a new front and rear seal and a pan gasket just for insurance. I also have my house for sale and thats why I put the motor up for sale as I didnt want to move it if I didnt need it, but I dont think a month or two will matter as I have no one interested in the house right now. Good luck with you move and new baby.mm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts