Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My name is Chris. I'm from Austria an own a 69 Cougar.

Pls. can anyony show me the location (picture) and mount of teh big metall vacuum tank?
I can't find any informations.

lg Chris

PS: I'm searching for a 69 hood molding, pls help.
Some of my Cougar Pcs. http://www.kvasny.ckvsoft.at/v/US-Cars/cougar/

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Site is acting funny. Last night noticed that when you click into the thread, the thread starter's post is not there (although it does show up in the preview bubble when you hover on the thread listing). Now Jay has responded and only his post shows (and as post #1), yet the thread listing shows 0 replies. I will PM Helena a link to this.

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Inside the drivers side front fender.
Thx for your answer . Ok under the passenger fender . But can you describe the location and the orientation ? Pictures where good . I Buy my 69th without the Vakuum tank. Now i got one and i have no idea how i should mount it.

LG chris

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Thx for your answer . Ok under the passenger fender . But can you describe the location and the orientation ? Pictures where good . I Buy my 69th without the Vakuum tank. Now i got one and i have no idea how i should mount it.

LG chris
Drivers fender, NOT passenger. I don't have a picture, but there are two "Z" shaped brackets that mount the flanges to the front wall of the fender (what bolts to the radiator support). The tank goes long side vertical and the vacuum fitting toward the front as I recall. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drivers fender, NOT passenger. I don't have a picture, but there are two "Z" shaped brackets that mount the flanges to the front wall of the fender (what bolts to the radiator support). The tank goes long side vertical and the vacuum fitting toward the front as I recall. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bob
I meen driver site but my fingers are faster....

Ah i think i know what you meen . The hole for the screws for the screws"z" shaped brackets are in the front wall. And the fitting also fits in this wall. Should the fender was mounted or removed to install it ?

LG chris

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
You can do it either way Chris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts