Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go see it with my own eyes --- VERY nice!! Just happened to be talking to a guy and this came up. It's from an estate of a very particulor old guy and it shows. If anybody is looking for a wife car, this is it. Unfortunately they are pie in the sky on value right now, but I think reality will set in soon enough. It's an H code (351 2V) with air and gold with black vinyl top. Absolutely immaculate with the exception of a few nickle size rust holes starting to push through the paint and on the inner fender. Even the trimwork is perfect with the typical pitting just barely starting to show on the cast pieces. He just had the tank replaced and carb rebuilt since it's been sitting so long. (can still smell stale gas) Before I tell you the price let me make sure I'm not smoking crack --- what would you fellas expect to pay?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm going to guess they want $25000.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My guess is $6500. No wait, did you say "pie in the sky" Make that $10K.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I had to go see it with my own eyes --- VERY nice!! Just happened to be talking to a guy and this came up. It's from an estate of a very particulor old guy and it shows. If anybody is looking for a wife car, this is it. Unfortunately they are pie in the sky on value right now, but I think reality will set in soon enough. It's an H code (351 2V) with air and gold with black vinyl top. Absolutely immaculate with the exception of a few nickle size rust holes starting to push through the paint and on the inner fender. Even the trimwork is perfect with the typical pitting just barely starting to show on the cast pieces. He just had the tank replaced and carb rebuilt since it's been sitting so long. (can still smell stale gas) Before I tell you the price let me make sure I'm not smoking crack --- what would you fellas expect to pay?
The world record idiotic asking price for an H code Cougar is $94,000.00. Remember about a year ago a guy had a real nice 70 (in Connecticut?) and he wanted 94 because that's what he put into it not counting the loss of his girlfriend?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Jay. That's about what I woulda offered - but I didn't want to insult him....who knows maybe I need to back off the crack pipe though!! LOL Just looking for a sanity check I guess.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The world record idiotic asking price for an H code Cougar is $94,000.00. Remember about a year ago a guy had a real nice 70 (in Connecticut?) and he wanted 94 because that's what he put into it not counting the loss of his girlfriend?
I think the $94,000.00 car is up for sale again. Sure looks like it. Credit to Hoss for finding it and making the "nice 70" thread for it.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He thinking 26K! (yeah I assume US!! LOL) I told him realistically even if it were a Mustang he wouldn't get it....but he's never been in the market for one and has no basis to go buy. I did tell him what I thought would bring a few people to table ----more like 12-15, that would make it a pretty sweet deal for somebody whos looking for one. Unfortunately I don't have the $ or I would have been much more serious. Still --- I had to see it, and I'm glad I did. Going to be kicking myself when somebody takes it home though! Anybody interested in a 2000 GMC 3500 HD contractor truck (has utility bed/rack)? ---- 40K miles on it. I'd let it go cheap to raise some cash to take a shot at this car!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts