Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Very Purrrrdy, and clean looking too! IS it as nice underneath as the rest appears? I think these areas are important to tell about when selling especially - good bragging points on nice ones!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a some underside shots from the seller. It looks like the car was cleaned up underneath and painted at some point after I owned it. I had to put a lot of effort into getting the frame rails fixed properly, and that destroyed any financial upside for me on the car. I took a bath on it actually, as I remember.

As always, a PPI is a must. Look carefully at the driver's side quarter, as that one needed a lot of work to get right. It had a bunch of plastic in it from a PO that I had to re-do. It took the bottom half of the quarter, part of the wheel house and the trunk drop off to get it right. I put paint, chrome and an engine detail job on it, although it seems that the paint job did not survive, as the paint on it now is fresh. I left the original seats in the car as they were OK then, but these too have now been replaced.

I put a 4bbl intake and carb on it, but the intake was date-coded. Still an H code car, originally from West Virginia, travelled through Ohio to me in Indiana, where it seems to have remained.

I am digging through my files for some pictures of the car in progress. I know I made a VHS tape of the thing when it was finished. Now if I can just find it....

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
What's a PPI?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Pryor to Purchase Instection?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts