Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a longtime Cougar nut, and after a nine year absence from the hobby (time I spent looking for the right car) I'm back in the thick of things w/ another 69 351-4v, 4spd conv! This one's rust-free, unlike the first (floors, rockers, torque boxes- ehh), but this one's coded as Med Green Poly.
I must have looked at all 4024 xr7 conv's made in the last nine years

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
med grn poly con't...

...con't...

...and I have never run across any car in this color. Does anyone have a thought about the rarity of this shade? More than that, I pretty much wouldn't think of painting the car something other than stock (mine ended up "resale red" before I resqued it earlier this year), but I'd really like to see a pic of a Cougar in this color before it's "too late"! Time's a factor; Media blasting and body will be finished next month, and then it's "pick a color" time!

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kent-

Thanks a lot, if you think you can put a real number to it, that would really be great! Here are the codes you said you'd need...

paint code=4
trim code=6A
tran code=5
diff code=6

·
Registered
215 Posts
there 721 stand. ,134 xr7 paint 4A

67 with the comb.you have with med.emerald met.
4 speed wide ratio 2.78

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Joe,
We spoke about our cars before. I have seen a hardtop in the medium green metallic, but never a convertible. I got the paint for my 69 Convertible blended in Moorestown NJ at Petes auto body supply. I just gave them the code and they found the recipe and blended it. Also, this weekend is the first CCNJ meeting of the season. You might consider joining, there are a few other members from South Jersey.
Talk to you soon,
Paul G.

·
Registered
313 Posts
the one on the right.....although not a close-up of the paint itself, but you should get the idea.....very attractive color, I might add....

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
and yet another one...although the neon gives it a little purplish hue.

At the end of the day, put a color on that you like, whether this one or not - unless you are going for total restoration.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
hmmm...see that now, but it was listed as a recent thread when I opened the Forum...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This was a really old post!! Funny to see it pop up after all this time. That must be one of the earliest things I pasted into MC.net! Thanks for the comments- I've had plenty in the last almost 10 years! The car's about 98% complete and we've enjoyed showing it and meeting some of you guys since 2006 when it was 'finished'...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts