Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this one is in the register or not ( I just submitted it with the owner's permission).

Anyway, I had never seen this particular Cougar around town. And I was really surprised to see a 4-speed in the cockpit! Currently done up in Comp. Orange with Eliminator hoodscoop '70 Eliminator side stripe, and '70 Elim deck spoiler. Looked like it possibly had its original leather interior. Wheels were very '80's looking tri-spoke chrome deals.
Buck tag indicated power top and power (drum) brakes. No AC. Not a huge fan of comp orange, but that is waaaaay better than the stock lt. ivy yellow, IMHO:icon16:

VIN 9F94M551928 Door Plate Data 76B 2 6A 25B 15 R 6 Model Year 1969 Assembly Plant Dearborn, Michigan (F) Body Style XR7, Convertible (94) Engine Model 351-4V Windsor (M) Sequential Number 51928 Exterior Color Light Ivy Yellow (2) Interior Trim Charcoal Black Corinthian Vinyl and Charcoal Black Leather (6A) Date Code 25 of February (25B) District Sales Office New York, NY (15) Axle Ratio/Type 3.25 Locking (R) Transmission Model 4-Speed Manual (2.32 Close Ratio) (6)

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
bummer on the color change
according to CBTN
2 LIGHT IVY YELLOW WITH 6A 1 OF 38!!
351 M WITH 4 SPEED 1 OF 46!!!
NICE Find Matt!!

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
holy moly

Dang.... I new that sucker was rare, but not THAT rare!!!

Just came across this car at a local car show a couple hours ago. Of course, I had to run home and decode to see if the 4-speed was legit.

I don't feel bad that its no longer Light Ivy Yellow. What an unfortunate color. Not quite Pastel Grey unfortunate, but unfortunate none-the-less. lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts