Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How rare/difficult would it be for me to find a 69 XR-7 351W Dark Aqua hardtop with a white vinyl top and Aqua interior? I posted a thread in the general discussion about trying to find my dad's old car, which is a long shot. If I cannot, I would be looking to get a car identical to his. I've seen quite a few in this color, so would this be a difficult configuration to find? Wheels are not important, as the styled steel wheels are available to buy and install if they don't already come with the car. I'd want something driveable in halfway decent shape, good paint, and a decent driver.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
According to CBTNs (Cougar By The Numbers) there were a total of 417 '69 XR-7 HTs built with that paint/trim combo (paint code F/trim code 6K). Sorry, I can't help you with how many with that paint/trim combo came with a white vinyl roof. John

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. That does help, and I also ordered that book tonight. Only 417 ever built and that's not narrowing it down further by the white top. Looks like my chances of finding one of these is slim to none. It may make it easier to find my dad's though. I'm sure the VIN started out as 9F93M. He couldn't remember if it was the 2V or 4V engine, but from what I've read, most XR7s seem to have the 4V M code maybe. I will check with the FL DMV records. Kind of disappointing that there were so few made with that configuration. I really hoped to be able to find one like his.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dSC00011.jpg

This is the exact identical car!!!!! Anyone know how I could find this guy? I'd like to get a history on his to see if it's the same car. If only 419 were made, not narrowing it further by a white vinyl top, and also it has the same wheels, that narrows it down really far.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I think it might be Steve Eitzen's car... he uses the name "Cattin" on this site. Maybe shoot him a personal message. I have a very vague memory that he was trying to sell it at one point in time, but that might have been a temporary thing or I could be completely wrong. Never hurts to ask, tho.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I sent him a message. That would be insane and amazing if it was his car. If not, it'd be cool if he wanted to sell his and I'd have essentially the "exact same car". Not really in a position to buy, but if I found my dad's old car, I would have to make some sacrifices or something to have it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts