Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired this car as a parts donor for my other '69 Conv., but the more I look at it, the more I realize that it's actually a viable car for restoration.

DON'T BE CONFUSED, this is an east coast car with typical east coast problems (floors, rockers, torque boxes, quarters), but I personally have seen and repaired much worse!

I just can't see picking it apart and junking what's left when I know that one of you out there might want the whole thing or a part that I'd ignore. It is currently 100% complete, and came from an owner who's had it since '73.

It's a 351-4v, FMX in Red w/ Black Leather, no a/c.

(76B-T-6A-20J-31-6-X)

I'd like to sell it whole, but I'll consider selling pieces as long as I know that there's enough interest to put all the useful parts to good use in another Cougar freak's hands!

Feel free to mail me with inquiries about what's good and what's not...

See you at the Nationals and at Carlisle's All-Ford...

Joe
[email protected]:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to e-mail you offline but not sure you go the message. Would you mind providing me with the VIN on this car? Also what have you decided to do with this Cat?
Thanks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'69 Ragtop Photos...

Sorry for the delay in posting these photos for all of you who asked about the car. I have to make a descision shortly, so if there is any interest out there in saving this cat as a whole, please mail me soon. Please read my description above for more info...

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
#8 - if there's still any space left on the server ;-)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
P.S. - what's still red on the car is original paint, nobody's really fooled around with it at all, excepting the disassembly you can see...

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Ive never want ed to live in pensylavania so much in my entire life i have two parts cars just asking to be put to use. they are not viable in any way shape or form they are wrecks so i understand i hope you get lucky.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
test

test test test

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to report that my once parts car has found a new home!
It was saved from the crusher by a gentleman from Sussex in southern England. It's taking a boat ride this month, and it's in store for a complete restoration; personally I'll be thrilled to see it back on the road! Hopefully we'll all see some pic's when it's done...

Cheers,

Joe

·
Registered
364 Posts
joe, where in sussex?

anywhere near eastbourne? my wife and i plan to be there this spring. maybe we can get a photo for you.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not too certain how close it is to Eastbourne, but I appreciate the offer, and I'll check it out with the new owner.

Interesting story I heard from the new owner, though. Seems he got interested in the car because of the James Bond film in '69, bought a hardtop (that he still has), and has been trying for years to persuade his friend in the next town to sell him a convertible he's had sitting around. The interesting part is that the friends '69 conv is an XR-7 with a 428CJ and apparently it is documented to be one of the three cars that appeared in the 007 film! Glad he found mine for sale, but one of the Bond cars would be a real find!

·
Registered
364 Posts
no wonder he doesn't want to sell it...

what are the shipping costs going to be on your car? i nearly bought an austin mini deluxe from london last year. the shipping was only $1700. seems cheap to me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not entirely sure what the shipping cost was, as the new owner made all his own arrangements. My impression, though, is that you're right- I think you can pull off some pretty cheap trans-Atlantic shipping!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Cougars on the prowl in the UK

Hi all,

I'm totally new to the Cougar scene and as you have probably already worked out, I am from the UK. Southern England to be exact. I live just a few miles from where the new owner of Joe's 69 convert lives and I have met him at shows. He is currently restoring the car, but I have not seen it myself yet. He keeps urging me to pop in and see it and I will definitely make the time to do it soon. He seems to be pretty knowledgeable about it, so I'm sure it's getting the treatment it deserves. He was surprised to see my car at a local show because there really are very few here. Let me know if anyone wants to see some pics. Memebers of the SoCal club might recognise it.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts