Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall someone once telling me that wheel well trim mouldings from a '69 Mustang would fit on a '69 Cougar, at least the fronts. The backs are close to the '69 Mustang Fastback, but are a bit long. Could be trimmed.
Is this true or BS? :bs:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I heard something about that also. I don't remember front or rear but i do remember you have to trim them because they are too long and the screw holes don't line up, to be expected it's for a different car. Then you have to carefully hand shape them to your wheel well. This is possable because the aftermarket metal is somewhat softer than the originals.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,519 Posts
I recall someone once telling me that wheel well trim mouldings from a '69 Mustang would fit on a '69 Cougar, at least the fronts. The backs are close to the '69 Mustang Fastback, but are a bit long. Could be trimmed.
Is this true or BS? :bs:
I have many pics on our site on how they look once installed. Dang nice considering the price!

<center> </center>

·
Registered
255 Posts
Are the mustang mouldings identical as far as the shape (bulge area)? Would it be possible to get whoever manufactures these to sell them without the pre cut/drilled holes? That way they could be trimmed and drilled for a cougar install?? I would love to modify a set for the ragtop without the holes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts