Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between a 69 and 70 lower dash? will a 70 work in a 69? Always, Thanks for the help. Greg

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yes they are interchangeable if you have the trim that goes around the steering column for a 69.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Yes they are interchangeable if you have the trim that goes around the steering column for a 69.
Carlton,

I waited to respond until someone else did, I put a '69 dash in my '70 back in the day and my recollection is that I ended up having to change the pedal bracket to a '69 in order to accomplish this. I believe (but am not positive) that the '70 column opening is wider. Also, I think there may be some minor difference in the two holes for the controls to the right of the column having to do with the presence of an ignition switch on the dash in '69 and the lack of one on the '70. Carlton, can you (or anyone) else corroborate these observations?

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The ignition switch moved from the dash to the column in 1970... did that hole get filled with something else?

The lighter moved from the console/ashtray on a '69 up to the space vacated by the key switch on a '70.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts