Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just ordered a new white interior form Mustangs Unlimited and it apears to be slightly off white?
Can anyone tell me if the original white was a pure white or a slightly off white. The convertible top is pure white as is the boot. They claim that the color is correct. I'm not sure if I should return it or keep it.
Thanks for your help

Mark

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Hello Mark, Just curious did it come with the front seat backs?

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
My seats were 70 XR7 with the storage pockets in the seat backs. My new upholstery did not come with those or anything for that matter. I have white also but I bought Shelby so wouldnt be any help on color. I was bummed about the backs and switching from black I coulnt use my old ones either.

·
Registered
439 Posts
My 70 interior is is coded as a white color. But it is more of a cream color that is factory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure what I got was correct. My interior was aqua, died red and looked very bad when I bought the car. That is why i am changing to the new color, car is red exterior with white vert top.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I would second the previous comment. I have done two white interiors (on red cars) and have originals of everything including top and boot. None of it was pure white. Not quite parchment, but slightly off white. Therein, I would say that what you bought is right. Even the flexible vinyl dye for the door panels etc is not pure white.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
I expected to get complete upholstery. Do most venders not include the seat backs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts