Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody supply a location (dimensions if possible) for the tilt away vacuum reservoir on a 69? The body shop replaced the inner fender apron (where the battery mounts) and I didnt get the location off the old apron. There appears to be a couple of holes that would match up with the hose connection and one of the mounting studs, but not the second mounting stud. it is right next to the shock tower and I would think it would get hit by the tire when turning, so I don't think that is the correct place. There are no mounting holes under where the battery tray mounts. I don't know if the new fender aprons come with the holes for the canister pre-punched or not.
Thanks, -Brian

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see or feel any dimples in it, but by your pictures, it looks like it is just slightly behind the vee'd out relief area (for the battery hold down) and centered in the flat area below the battery tray. I should be able to figure it out with your pictures. Thanks MrEos. By the way, did you guys get dried out up there yet?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The flood itself receded quickly, at least in Duluth which is all downhill into Lake Superior. Some of the flatter areas to the south and west endured it longer. It left behind a big mess with some major roads still impassable. Obviously, some folks are really suffering from it, but overall the town is pretty much back to normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts