Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thought about this a long time and have decided to sell my 69 Sunroof Eliminator. I purchased this car in July 2002 and have not worked on it since I purchased it. I am unsure if I would ever get around to it.

This car is 1 of 111 Hertz Sunroof Eliminators produced in 1969. All of the Hertz cars were optioned the same, automatic FMX transmission, sunroof, 351W 4bbl engine, power disc brakes, air conditioning, high back bucket seats, 3.00 non-locking rear etc... I have a photo of the Marti Report for interested people.

This car will need a complete restoration. It is definitely a project and has the typical Ford rust (floors, rockers, inner fender aprons, quarters will need patches but were better than I expected).

I posted the find a long time ago on TCCN and our club web site. Here is the link to the short story with pictures at the time of purchase:
Jeff's Eliminator

The VIN number is 9F91M559796

I am going to leave this on here for one week before I post it on eBay. I figured MC.net deserved the first shot.

Since I purchased the car I took apart the front body panels (suspension is still attached) and grille. I disassembled the engine and had it checked out at a machine shop to see what it would need (currently std., will need to go 30 over and the standard crank will need 0.10 grind). I have a set of 69 wheels to go with it but not the original Eliminator wheels.

The spoiler and hood scoop I purchased separately from the car and will be selling them separate. The original dash camera case is still in place.

I have a couple of pictures of it's current condition including the disassembled engine parts. The transmission that is in the car is a small case C6, not the original FMX. The engine is the original one for the car.

I have stored this car in my shop since the purchase and it has a lot of body shop dust all over it but I always made sure it was stored inside since I purchased it.

I am asking $5,000 for the car but I will take the best offer. If you are looking for a project this would be perfect for you. Nothing like a Yellow Eliminator!! Call me at 502-445-3993 with inquiries or if you would like to see the car before purchase.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have thought about this a long time and have decided to sell my 69 Sunroof Eliminator. I purchased this car in July 2002 and have not worked on it since I purchased it. I am unsure if I would ever get around to it.

This car is 1 of 111 Hertz Sunroof Eliminators produced in 1969. All of the Hertz cars were optioned the same, automatic FMX transmission, sunroof, 351W 4bbl engine, power disc brakes, air conditioning, high back bucket seats, 3.00 non-locking rear etc... I have a photo of the Marti Report for interested people.

This car will need a complete restoration. It is definitely a project and has the typical Ford rust (floors, rockers, inner fender aprons, quarters will need patches but were better than I expected).

I posted the find a long time ago on TCCN and our club web site. Here is the link to the short story with pictures at the time of purchase:
Jeff's Eliminator

The VIN number is 9F91M559796

I am going to leave this on here for one week before I post it on eBay. I figured MC.net deserved the first shot.

Since I purchased the car I took apart the front body panels (suspension is still attached) and grille. I disassembled the engine and had it checked out at a machine shop to see what it would need (currently std., will need to go 30 over and the standard crank will need 0.10 grind). I have a set of 69 wheels to go with it but not the original Eliminator wheels.

The spoiler and hood scoop I purchased separately from the car and will be selling them separate. The original dash camera case is still in place.

I have a couple of pictures of it's current condition including the disassembled engine parts. The transmission that is in the car is a small case C6, not the original FMX. The engine is the original one for the car.

I have stored this car in my shop since the purchase and it has a lot of body shop dust all over it but I always made sure it was stored inside since I purchased it.

I am asking $5,000 for the car but I will take the best offer. If you are looking for a project this would be perfect for you. Nothing like a Yellow Eliminator!! Call me at 502-445-3993 with inquiries or if you would like to see the car before purchase.
Jeff,

If anyone expresses interest in the car, but also wants the correct transmission, I have an original FMX that came out of a 69 M code cougar. It's sitting in my garage. I would be willing to part with it for someone who is restoring that kind of car.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOLD!! Thanks for everyone's interest!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts