Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This harnes is complete front to back with only a couple of problems the firewall pass through is cracked off end but does not hurt functionality. the ignition switch is broken and it was cut at the doors for the courtesy lights which was all done before i took ownership. Now the good news this is in great shape no splices that i can tell and is still very supple so i dont see any breaks. it is in great condition outside of already stated problems. I cant use this in either of my cats so it is up for sale. this is the front engine harness as well as cab to tailights it does not include as stated and allot of the little attach to parts but has lights and such that could not be canabilized except by cutting. I am asking 150.00 for it OBO.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
am i asking to much for this or just nobody interested this is about the low price a harness in this shape goes for on ebay so i figured it was a decent price if not tell me what you think it is worth and maybe we can work out a deal. Keep in mind people i prefer to trade when possible. things i could use right now off hand are a very nice set of door panels for 69 xr7 or even a 70 xr7. carpet kit all in blackoff hand just ask maybe you may have something for a 1969 70 or since it looks like i am getting a 67 and 68 gts and of course my 57 tbird.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yes, the price is your problem. $150 is very steep for this item, especially it being for a standard cougar, which limits its appeal. It seems like a good ebay item, but don't expect it to go for a lot. Sorry, but I'm just telling it like it is.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hey thanks if it to high its to high. i have just been watching and most are going in the over 200.00 range and a new one cost 350 and above so i always price about half then take of extra percentage to compensate off the top. tell you what if your needing a harness make me an offer i dont want it or need it so will be happy to part with it as long as it is a decent price.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sorry, but im not in the market for one.I was just writing what I thought. I still think Your best bet is to sell it on Ebay, and let the bidders set the price. But it's not my choice. Hope I've helped.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry that you, was more of anyone , than is interested in the wiring harness not you specifically. so anyone interested drop me a line i would rather give it away for allot less to a cat owner than sell it to a moostang owner.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I just picked one up for a '70 Std on eBAy for $38.50. I actually bought it for the turn signal sequencer but it came with the complete harness, bulbs and flashers. It's hard to say what an item will bring on eBay. All depends on finding the right buyer at the right time...

·
Registered
31 Posts
i am interrested in the harness,but i think it is a bit to high on the price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
will you be willing to take $100??

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
absolutly i will send pictures so you can check it out. this is total harnes from front to back for a 69 standard without door lights, no sequencer or attached hardware. it wont work with a xr7 nor will it work in a 70 just so you know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
oh no.how do i tell it it is a standard cougar,and not an xr-7,i dont know much about cougars i just got mine.:confused:also i changed my e-mail it is [email protected]

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Xr7 has burled wood dash appliques it will also have a medallion on the roof pillar behind back seat. it also will say xr7 on the dash. it will also say 65a for a standard and 65b for xr7

·
Registered
31 Posts
kool.thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
ON THE HARNESS ARE YOU SELLING IT WHOLE OR WILL YOU JUST SELL THE ENGINE HARNESS

·
Registered
31 Posts
cougarguy,
do you still want to sell the harness or not because you havent answerd and of my messages?????????and i really need that part

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if all your needing is the engine by all means i will sell only that dont want you having to buy what you dont need.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i keep getting that your email adress is undelevirable when i send you email.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts