Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after a long time and along thought process, i have decided to go with a aftermarket full on body harness in my 69 std heres the finer points that turned my decsion

1. efi
2. electric fan
3. the high power headlamps
4 xr7 cluster and features without using the factory harnesses
5 flaming river steering column
6. high flow electric fuel pump
7 130 amp alternator

so after discussing with my mechanic friend who is going to help me under take this mess. we decided that it would be better and there wouldnt be as much guessing. the harness i decided on the ez wire 21 circuit

http://www.autowiringsolutions.com/item.php?item_id=261

what i am wanting from our group is

1. how to retain the sequentail taillamps

2. how to configure the stock hvac system with said harness

3. over all thoughts .

thanks in advance ! justin

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The turn signals really are easy. I would recommend using the factory tail harness. There are many wires back there, but if you use the factory wires it makes it much easier to do. Also, use a wiring diagram, it will tell you were you need to put the hot wires to. I wired mine from scratch, but used the tail harness and got my sequentials to work just like factory. There are only about 7 wires that run to the back anyway.

2-turn
1-brake
1-reverse
1-stop
1-parking lamp
1-fuel sender

The confusing part is the order in which the wires run up under the dash, but with a wiring diagram it is rather easy.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome mike! that makes me feel better, lol that actually was my other thought, about reusing the factory tail harness

1 - 3 of 3 Posts