Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's official, my beloved 69 is now for sale. I've made up my mind I want to do a Pro Street style car and have a few leads on a car to do the project. My wifes pretty understanding but not to the point of keeping this car also, so its now on the block.

Ok, about the car. It's an original AL car brought up from the PO that I bought it from, a former CCOA reginal director. To my knowlage the car has never seen snow and is rust free but a tiny spot on top of one fender apron. The paint is very nice and body is very staight but one 3/8" ding on the rf fender ( happened in the garage!!!)

The interior is VERY nice, been switched to 70 XR7 highbacks with NEW upolstory and door panels. Console and everything else is NICE. New headliner carpet etc. Been converted to 70 bolt in glass and all weather strips are recent.

The engine is a 69 motor alright but not the same to the car and milage is unknown but although it runs super it will need some attention in the future. I think the valve guides are getting bad as it will smoke a little on deacceleration after being wound up some. Oil pressure is very good. It has a new 3 core radiator and shroud and clutch fan. It has a Offy aluminum intake , Eldebrock carb and headers. The original 3.00 gear has been changed to a 3.25 trac loc. The FMX trans works very good. I have a original intake and exhaust manifolds but no orig carb.

The car is very presentable as is but needs a few chrome pieces rechromed. The door handles, quarter window moldings mostly.

It is an original A/C car and I have most all of it to put back on although a new condensor and reciver dryer should be used along with resealing the compressor.

The front end is all been replaced and in good shape. The steering box is a little sloppy but I have a good one for it, just have not got it on yet.

Over all a very nice car that can be driven anyware and its located in NW Indiana about 1 1/2 hour SE of Chicago. I have posted a few pictures in the Gallery and have MANY more at your request. I may try to ZIP up a folder of them for any interested people. I'm ASKING $7200 for the car. You can email or call 219-956-4558. Evenings between 6-10 pm or weekends the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
did you see this one

Mark I was looking on classic car .com and found a orange 69 with a 428cj-its a little rough he wants 8000. it has a 440 area code thats in cleveland.what a peice to start on.Im in a raffel to win a crated 351 today,if I win want to buy it?

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Mark, I remember your car was one of the first I put on my site from fordmuscle, that's too bad you cant keep it and do up the pro-streeter as well. Least I still have the pictures and thanx for sharing with me when I first started up my site. Hope you get more then you want for it.:)

Rick

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan, I hope your luck is better than mine on those raffles! All I do is donate, donate and donate some more. 8 g's is a little more (LOL) than I care to spend on a fixer upper. Besides I dont want anyone crying when I cut the rear frame out of an original BB car. Dark, its up for sale but not whole heartedly. mm

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mark,
hate to see you sell the cat, i still regret selling mine. I know how the prostreet bug can get though. still working on the cobra conversion in my other 69 though. its been hard wiring it up. also had to convert to coil over front suspension with a total control steering rack. hope to see you at the swap in nov.

chris

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to here from you Chris! Thought you been lost. I figured that the wire job would be nuts!! mm

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mark
not lost just to busey to do anything, work is nuts. the motor is in and almost wired. trans is also in it wasnt the hard part. fitting the motor was a nightmare but it looks good and is not cut up.
all the wiring is behind the fenders. the brain is in the glovebox.I even put in a check engine light. obd II computer system of course. fuel lines and pump is all in. was wanting to have together for Goodguy nationals this weekend but no luck.

so what is the project car you have found?

can I interest you in a 4.6 cobra cougar?:D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris, they would hang me for doing a 1 of 5 Eliminator too!! Just looking for a plain jane. mm

·
Registered
99 Posts
mark,

we wouldnt let you die, we would make you drive a CHEVY or a import for the rest of you life.
if you dont find a project car let me know, I may be able to purchase a 69 standard that is prety close to me.

or even a fuel injected 69, needs a little work yet though:D

good luck

but you would look good behind the wheel of a honda civic:D

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
close by

I know its a drop top but it has a clevland I know they werent offered so probably windsor but ask and drop tops are nice
http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/3/4/29478934.htm
and it is a 4 speed!
here is one in kentucky 1970 MERCURY COUGAR, , 351 V8, auto, 82K miles, little body repair, interior in GC, $2500 (859)485-1781 WALTON

and one in canton ohio for 1500.00 CANTON (330)484-2128
all under three grand.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No luck yet. People need to remember I said or best offer. Two guys are supposed to send some pictures of 69 Cougars but none yet have come. Might have a line on a 69 Mustang, though not my first choice I do like them. mm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts