Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me whether the vertical weatherstrips on 69's attached to the bright trim running down the rear edge of the side glass can be fitted without either pulling the glass or door trim out? I can get the existing strips out no problem but I notice the retaining grooves in the rubber where they slide into the trim are one way out, up, so they cannot be fitted from the top down!

Many thanks

Peter Lynn

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I seem to recall being able to do this without removing anything. Maybe I removed the door weatherstrip right there at the top/rear of the door, but I don't think so. There is a small screw at the bottom of the piece you're working on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, Mr Eos. I have done this with my '67 Mustang but there's more room to move to slide the rubber up- it's also on the rear side widow! I have had a repro pair for the Cougar for some time now from WCCC, but became hesitant about fitting because of the limited space in which to work, and it seems it will only slide into place from the bottom up! Anyone else done this?

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Maybe the parts were made incorrectly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts