Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received mine in the mail. Got it on Ebay. It came right away and has everything on the CD. However, I doubt very much that it is anything other than a CD made from scanned copies, with the Ford locos copied onto the label.....the quality is equal to that of a home computer and the CD itself is scratched up...a good cleaning and it ran fine tho. For this reason I have no problem sharing this CD with this site, let me know.

Michelle

·
Registered
150 Posts
68 Shop Manual on CD

I´d like to share mine as well if anyone´s interested .
:D

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but I'd be real careful about copying the CD. If you read the EULA included on the CD (that you agreed to) it does say "e. Disk Duplication. You may not Duplicate discs of any form especially from CD-R's of either the Adobe Software or Ford Software to any third party without Robomation's prior written approval."
I don't believe that sharing a page here or there to help someone out would be a big problem, but making copies or sharing the CD on a public forum like MC.net is not a cool idea.
If someone needs the manuals that badly, they should spend the $20.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My point was that the CD is obviously NOT an actual FORD product. I would rather give someone a copy of the section they need to help them on a project then for anybody to contribute to someone selling "bootleg" on EBAY. The CD is sloppy and unprofessional, the logo is of classic 'bootleg' quality. The 'user agreement' is there only to make it look more 'legit'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts