Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the site and did not find anything so posting the question. Does anyone know (or can measure an installed one without trim) the exact mounting location for the mirror windshield bracket nubby thingie?

Figuring all I need is the vertical dimension as the L/R would be in the center of the windshield?

From the top edge down to the flange of the nub on a removed windshield would be ideal, but I should be able to figure it out from the dimension from the inside of the windshield frame down to the top of the nub flange as well. Or, if anyone has another idea, I am all ears.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Well Bob, you're in luck in two ways. One that I am home on R&R to measure mine, and two that I have an original Windshield that I have not cleaned up yet that still has the Nub glue marks on it.

4 1/4 from top of removed windshield glass to top of nub.
4 7/8 from top of removed windshield to center of nub.
Yes it is centered L to R 26 3/8 if I measured correctly.

Hope that helps.
By the way, I know it is an original windshield, but do not know if the nub had ever been re-glued into position.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
When they reglued mine, last year, it sure looked like a hit and miss proposition.

First one was a miss... upside down. They didn't measure but had a very nice time ungluing strike 1.

secont try was something like boffff about there should do it

Jean

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Bob, you're in luck in two ways. One that I am home on R&R to measure mine, and two that I have an original Windshield that I have not cleaned up yet that still has the Nub glue marks on it.

4 1/4 from top of removed windshield glass to top of nub.
4 7/8 from top of removed windshield to center of nub.
Yes it is centered L to R 26 3/8 if I measured correctly.

Hope that helps.
By the way, I know it is an original windshield, but do not know if the nub had ever been re-glued into position.
Daryl,

Well minus the caveat, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Your dimensions are on the nub flange I assume since you are measuring glue marks, correct? Thanks buddy and welcome home, thanks also for your service and glad you are well.

Regards,

Bob

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
yes, top of the nub.
Glue mark is all I have left on the windshhield. The whole mirror assembly is removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts