Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling my Bright Blue Metallic, white top and white interior XR7 rag top. This car was restored in the "80s by Kevin Marti and featured in mags of the period. It is a good driver quality car and has many options including AC. I've just bought another and still have my black one to restore. I think 3 is too many. I am asking 85K for this car. It has alot of paperwork with it and I can provide more pics as well. I will consider high horsepower trades. I believe the drivetrain is original and there is a known ownership to this car. There are several pics in my album and I will try to attach them.

Phil 972-345-9604

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Just checked your album Phil, that's a very nice car. Good luck with the sale. John

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts

Nice looking ride!

I like the color combo.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Pm sent :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
look and drool
look and drool

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Please share what this car sells for. There's a segment of the market that really wants to know, so I can price Esmerelda accordingly. This car is identical except for the paint.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for providing the link. I appreciate the positive comments and we're working on a trade deal now. I've loved owning this car and used to drive it regularly. I bought in the early '90s then traded it to a friend and traded back for it a few months ago. When I first bought it I paid way too much but there were hardly any known then. It sounds as if fewer than half of the production is known even now.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Thanks for providing the link. I appreciate the positive comments and we're working on a trade deal now. I've loved owning this car and used to drive it regularly. I bought in the early '90s then traded it to a friend and traded back for it a few months ago. When I first bought it I paid way too much but there were hardly any known then. It sounds as if fewer than half of the production is known even now.
Last time I inquired there were about 33-34 69 XR7 428 RA verts accounted for of the 96 made. Anyone have a more recent or more accurate update?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Just ask your 428CJ registrar, and I can provide you with the latest #s.... As of today, there are 52 known to exist, 1969 428CJ powered XR7 convertibles. (both R and Q codes). 39 automatics, 10 4 speeds, and 3 reported but unknown transmission codes. Best Regards, Scott

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't but Phil Walker owned it before I bought it and I believe he lived in the San Jose area so it was probably the same car.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I didn't but Phil Walker owned it before I bought it and I believe he lived in the San Jose area so it was probably the same car.
Very surprised the person I talked to would ever sell it. He seemed to have wanted it pretty badly and paid a high amount (for the time) for it. Oh well, things change.
I took a few pics of it back then. I still have them, somewhere. I looked but they're not where I thought they would be. I think it was the only CJ car at the show that year unless George McLean brought his 68 1/2

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Very surprised the person I talked to would ever sell it. He seemed to have wanted it pretty badly and paid a high amount (for the time) for it. Oh well, things change.
I took a few pics of it back then. I still have them, somewhere. I looked but they're not where I thought they would be. I think it was the only CJ car at the show that year unless George McLean brought his 68 1/2

I found the pics yesterday while looking for something else. These were taken at the NCCC show in San Jose approx 1992

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
That is really cool... Still got the plates?
Not sure who you're asking. If you mean me:
It's not my car. Never was. I took pictures of several cars at the show. This is one of the cars I took pictures of. Since we were talking about this specific car, I thought I'd post my old pictures. Possibly the current owner would like to see it. Maybe someone else too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts