Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to sell my Cougar. Thought it was sold, but buyer had personal issues, assured me it was not the car, and let me keep the deposit.

It is a white with red interior, XR7 hardtop. It is pretty much complete, except for minor items, like 2 hubcaps, the radio, the seat tracks, the jack. All of the important stuff is there, like the ram air air cleaner, correct fuel pump, valve covers, manifolds, etc. It has a SCJ rotating assembly in it, and I believe the block reads either Jan 68 or 69. I cannot tell. The car is a September build.

The car has been off the road, in storage, since at least 1990. I have the Marti report.

The body has a few small holes, and some dents, but my body guy did not think they were serious. I got a very nice left fender for it.

The underside of the car is in very nice shape. I could find no rust or damage.

The car ran when I got it, but I started disassembling it for restoration, before life got in the way.

I would like to break even, so I am asking $11,000.00, and that includes the fender, and some extras.

I can be reached at [email protected] , or 970-247-0871. I prefer the phone.

Check my posts for some pictures.

Rich Cougar 1.jpg Cougar 4.jpg

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Looks like a fair deal to me. Someone needs to jump on this. Since I'm still out of work it can't be me {:?(>

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
x2. I almost pulled the trigger on this car when it was first listed for sale. Then that annoying voice in the back of my head reminded me that I already have 4 projects.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
x2. I almost pulled the trigger on this car when it was first listed for sale. Then that annoying voice in the back of my head reminded me that I already have 4 projects.
I hate it when that happens! :buck:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Good luck with the sale and it'll surprise me if you don't sell it for your price. I'd consider it but I definitely don't need another project and I'm waiting to purchase a 69 convertible that is almost done and should be ready to go. I need a car that I can drive. LOL

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I've committed to doing my 67 C code, but this is tempting...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will also consider a trade for an interesting GM car.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
is engine in pieces or does it run ? thx Mike

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i have found some info on this car for you!

adredo1.jpg Do the stripes look familiar?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That is very interesting, Bill. The guy that sold me the car said that the wheels were special for this car, and that the car was not a regular Cougar. It appears that he was on the right track. Could you send a copy of that to [email protected]? Thanks. Rich

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
VERY cool! I wonder how many of those they put together, and what exactly they did to make them special.
Ad says Cragar wheels, special stripes.

Here is a link with the ad, about half way down the page. Not much info tho.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~cougardb/dealers.htm

·
Registered
735 Posts
Neat.

Tho there is a mistake in the text. Team Cougar driver Ed Leslie is NOT the Leslie of Kenz and Leslie. That team was Bill Kenz, Roy Leslie and Ron Leslie.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I found the ad over 15 +years ago. I went to the library and spent hours looking at old newspapers on film. I also found the ads on the "SnowCat and the other "3 ways". These were the "Ski Country Specials". I also recently found a "Golden Cougar" that was another local promo.

I really like looking for these kinda Cats. Really wish I could get this Cat.

I'm looking into the racing & K&L link....

·
Registered
352 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts