Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching in this forum and others for an xr7 q code(428cJ). the reason I ask is, I have an opportunity to buy one. I won't go into all the paticulars, but is a high optioned car with A/C, Tilt, vinly top p/w and a whole bunch of other goodies including N case rear. It is automatic. The car is in fare condition, cali car(big deal in the east coast). I have a 69 scode vert now( which is on the way to paint shop), but would sell my 67 stang fstback for this cat. My question is value on the 69qcode, what would be the asking price on a #2-3 car? The car is not a #2 car, but with some cosmetic work it could be#2-3car, It is triple black. This women is asking 8k for it, Its hard decision I have to make. Some help would be appreciated, as when ever I ask a question I always get good advice here.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Q-code

Awsome find...
How firm is she on the price?
Maybe you could offer her less, cash?:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Buy it buy it buy it your steeling it at that price! if you dont someone else will! the 428 is worth a couple of grand by itself. nothing to decide on my end it would already be home and i would be saying see what i just bought. this is as a 3 car probably on the high end a 14000.00 car with a low in the 11000.00 as a 2 car probably in the low 18 to 20,000.00 would not be out of the asking range. you aint bought it yet? course this is based on back east prices to get the same car in same condition things may be a little lowere outside the rustbelt and west of the old miss.:D :D

this is what the nada guide said
MERCURY

COUGAR XR7
Model: 2 DOOR HARDTOP
Weight: 3,221
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: $3,315
Low Retail: $4,000
Average Retail: $7,675
High Retail: $11,700

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional Equipment
Add-428 Cbr Jet Engine: 50 %
Add-Air Conditioning: 10 %
Add-Cyclone Grand Touring Package: Low: $175 Avg.: $225 High: $300
Add-Drag Pack: 25 %

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totals
Total Low Retail: $7,575
Total Average Retail: $14,424
Total High Retail: $21,945

·
Registered
448 Posts
69 triple black 428

Scode,
At $8000 buy it! If you don't let me know, and please pass on the information on the seller to me. 8k is a steal for a 428CJ XR7 Cougar. In #2 condition the car should bring 15k minimum. There is another guy on LI who has one as well. I think his is for sale also, but I'm not sure of the price.
Paul G.
69 XR7 Convertible

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
buy it now!
You will not likly find a compleet, driver CJ car for a better price

Need I say more?

·
Registered
889 Posts
open that wallet let the moths out

I know of one in peices its all there wants 7500.00 firm

·
Registered
763 Posts
buy it, i own a 428CJ, but it's an R code. It is true when the say that the engine only, is this price worth. The N-case is worth allot also.

Succes, and let me know.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would but...

Helping to put my daughter through college.He lives cloe by maybeI canbuy it a peice at a time.lol

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm going to see the car this weekend, I will bring my digi. but the guy hasn't called me back to finalize time. The more I talk to the chick the more it sounds less promising. But it is worth checking out. I will keep ya posted. Its stored at some guys garage, trying to get everybody together difficult.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
just do like i do... go with a trailer and offer 500 in cash and see if they bite :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts