Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have a single NOS or restored one (with anodizing)? Figured I would ask before I order one from WCCC. Had a small "issue" in the garage last night when I was putting the car away. Happily it was just the molding (but :realmad: just the same).

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
"issues" are bad. I bet somebody was pissed. Glad to here is didn't get into the paint though.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Bob
Got the pm.
I dont know if it will even help you
but
I have complete sets of course if needed but wont break my sets.
but looks like singles I have available

NOS C9WY-16038 A PASSENGER FENDER 3 EACH 225.00 EACH
NOS D0WY-6529164 A PASSENGER QUARTER OUT(ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE COMPLETE SETS OF 4)
NOS DOWY-6529165 A DRIVER REAR 2 EACH 265.00 EACH
NOS C9WY-16039-A DRIVER FENDER 2 EACH 225.00 EACH
Complete sets of 4 Available, 3 SETS TOTAL LEFT
Hope the auction works out it might be cheaper for you if you win that one Bob.
Good luck
John
of course some used ones here too

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a snipe bid of $375 on it for you Bob. I am here for you buddy!
LOL, thanks "PAL"!!!

SOLD!!! to the one bidder for the opening bid of $99.99 plus $15 shipping. Hope the "minor shelf wear that is too minor to show up in pictures" will meet my exacting standards.

It was a hard choice between this and a reconditioned one from WCCC (done as I did mine, re-anodized after stripping, repairs and polishing) but the economics won out. Hopefully it won't be one of those "penny wise and pound foolish" decisions I am sometimes given to!

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
You probably did just fine... Reconditioned will always be weakened given the amount of material removed during the polishing process. You bought NOS for less than restored and you do not have to send in a core. SCORE!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts