Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This my first technical related post. I have a 69 XR7 convertible with inop rear windows. They will not work from the rear switches or the master switch panel. Drivers window works fine and the passenger window is a little slow. The master power switch lock out looks to be inop as well.

I have looked at several posts on this site and the relay and possible dirty switch contacts could be the culprit.

Before I take a look at the master switch panel, how do I remove the trim around the switches on the door panel? Is there a tab that is depressed with a screw driver. I love this car and driving with the top down and the rear windows up will look pretty bad. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
To remove the power window trim bezels, you have to remove the door panel. There is a metal bracket on the back of the door panel and two screws hold it to the bezel. My rear 1/4 windows were unplugged when I got my car. You might want to check to be sure they are plugged in before you get much further into tearing things apart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. It's been long time since I've owned a vehicle I had to work on. I assume the plugs are easy to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts