NOS 69 RT. SIDE TAIL LIGHT BEZEL
NICE ORIGINAL UNDERHOOD BLANKET
NOS CONVERTIBLE SUN VISOR BRACKETS

Thanks "Cougar Fans"
KEEP DRIVING THOSE CLASSIC COUGARS

·
Registered
906 Posts
when you said impossible, you sure meant it. I do have a decent origional underhood padding if you want it, but it has a small hole in it from a mice nest so you probably wouldnt want it. They also have nice reproductions, which I put on my car and it looks great. Let me know. Also, your best bet on the sunvisor brackets is to have yours rechromed. I am not aware of any NOS ones even existing, and finding a good origional is near impossible. A trick I have seen used is to paint it black as well as the chrome peice connecting the two. It really does a lot for the appearance, and does not look aftermarket or tacky. It's also a lot cheaper. It's best done on a set of extras though, to keep the origionals, well, origional.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UNDERHOOD BLANKET

Thanks for you post DropTop. I think your idea of the black treatment of the conv. top visor area is a neat idea for a resto-mod. I am doing mine as original though and hence then "hunt" for NOS stuff. I am planning on re-storing my sun visor pieces over the winter by removing them, drilling the pitted areas, and then filling and re-painting them to the original argent silver/aluminum color. If all goes well they should look nice. (unless a miracle happens and I find an NOS set for cheap)..HA! However, I am interested in your underhood blanket for the 69 cat.
Any way you could send me a picture of each side of it? Maybe I could "work with it".
[email protected]

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sure thing. I'll take my digital camera out over the weekend and send some pics (It's still on the car). They should be up by monday. Sorry for the delay, but the car is not at my house, but I will be going out to where it is this weekend anyway. Also, on the piece of chrome that connects the two sunvisor brackets, I am perplexed. I have several examples that are chrome, and then I got another and it was painted argent like you described. Is this a difference between standard and XR7 convertibles? Somewhat like the chrome on top of the door and the hockey pucks? (The standard hockey pucks are stainless and short, while the XR7 ones are chrome and longer). I hope you know because I am clueless on this one.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PICTURES AND ANSWERS

Thanks for replying. I will be waiting on the pics of the under hood blanket. If you want to do it by e-mail that would be great as well as easier as I"m not always on the Cougar forums. [email protected]
As to your questions: The sun visor brackets are an argent silver finish and the long piece in between was stainless or argent finish. Never chrome. That occures when someone has it chromed to get rid of the rust spots and pitting that occurs because of moisture rising and settling there over the years. The trim on the top of the doors and around the outside of the top (top trim) is chrome and stainless. std or convertible the same finish. The side pieces are chrome finish and the center pieces below the rear window are stainless steel. The XR7 side pieces are longer to complete the trim pkg. that included the door top pieces that were shiney ploished aluminum like the front fender extension eyebrow pieces. Hope this helps. I have had xr7's before. The shiny polished aluminum trim pieces do dull, and fade over time. They can be re-polished. Hope this helps.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts