Mercury Cougar Owners banner

69 parts car coming tommorow

757 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Paul G. 
#1 ·
yippie!!! I go to pick up a 1969 standard cougar convertable for parts tommorow Im just grabbing a a few things off of it the rest is for sale.A few only a few parts are spoken for.It has a BLACK interior which mine is But I dont need any of it in fact my LEATHER front seats may be for sale as well it says a 351w 4bb auto which is all supposed to work as well as the top motor.My cousin a flathead freak said the 351w only came with a 2bb. so he must have changed the manifold or it is a cleveland.More to come Dan

#2 ·
351W was available as a 4bbl in 69 and some made it into 70 as well. umm. i really really need a center grill for my car.. he he... ................................ how is the one on that car?? me wanty

#4 ·
seats

good shape,no tears not high backs,I would redye them.I found that small jimmy or blazer power seats will make a good fit in mine.Im doing a resored modified edition-Steve Ill let youknow on the grill when I get home tonite-

#6 ·
Congratulations!

I'm still waiting for my parts car. It has a near perfect Ginger interior and that's what I'm looking for. The owner of it is dying from lung cancer, age 39 and only has 6-9 months to live. He sold 7 Cougars. I got the last one. He has 40 other misc. cars to sell. Hopefully, he'll bring it down for me soon. We've been talking about it for a little over a month.

#7 ·
Car transport

Kitty,
Unfortunately I waited for 8 weeks for the same person to move a car for me and it never happened. I am very sympathetic to the obvious health issues, but back in April and May I was strung along for several weeks and then left me high and dry. I purchased a car with a committment from him that he would pick it up for an agreed upon price. He stalled and made repeated excuses, and I eventually ran out of time and had to do it myself. I eventually had to drive from New Jersey to Florida and back and tow a car with my wifes SUV. I would consider arranging for another form of transportation, before relying on him to deliver it. He apparently has quite a collection of cars and I believe his intentions are good. But from my experience the delivery service is not reliable. Feel free to contact me off forum for specifics.
Paul G.
69 XR7 Convertible

#8 ·
Paul

He is supposed to bring me the Cougar and pick up the 280Z to take back with him, even trade. I sold my Cherokee and I no longer have a towing vehicle to get the car and only one income since my husband is not working so, a U-haul is not an option right now. The only money out of my pocket would be half the gas for his trip, which I agreed. He is only 8 hours away. I hope he is not making excuses for me, otherwise the heck with the whole thing...I'll look for another deal.
Judy

#10 ·
351 4V

69 Cougar "M" code engine option was the 290 horsepower 351 4 valve windsor motor. It was optional on standard and XR7 cougars and I believe the base motor for the Eliminator. As far as I know it was offered all 69 model year, replaced during the 70 model year with the 351 cleveland 4 valve motor.
Paul G.
69 XR7 "M" code 351 4 valve convertible

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.