Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on guys, your letting me down. I thought someone would have a extra pair or know of a vendor that carries them. I have my doors apart right now switching over to 70 window glass and now would be a good time to change the door handles.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Handles

Catz Here I am I was busy under a *****cat.Car I mean.Yes I have lots of handles for you.They are good for rechroming or use as is.:D I can replate but will take a while.Rechroming is better than repro in my opinion. Waitin to hear from ya :cool: THX Logan for the referral

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Ray, but I dont need any that need replated.( I already have an extra set I can use for that) I know what you say about repos, but I just checked ot a pair that my brother picked up for his mustang and I was quite surprised by how good they looked. I am looking for a quality plater though for a couple other items that I have. The thing is I cant even find anyone that has a repo set for a 69-70 All the vendors that listed oems say they are discontinued and out of stock.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
plating

gotta be cheaper to replate than renew.The 66/7 Fairlane and Falcon are the same as 69/70 Cougar.Remember that Mustang is not the same as Cougar when it comes to outside handles.Good luck:cool:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ray, I new that the mustang handles were different, but I just meant that the repos he got looked pretty darn good. I just got a message from Johns cougars from Michigan that he has some rechromed ones for $60 a piece exchange. Thats the way I'll probably go since I can get them fairly quick. I'm still open to any suggestions for a decent (meaning good work at a fair price) chrome plater, as I am at a loss of knowing any.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Plating

MM My cost to replate is about $35 eachUS or $55 Canadian.I use Victoria plating here in Victoria.They treat me well and I like that.Eventually I am going to sell rechromed pieces like door handles gas door upper and lower mldgs the 1/4 trim by glass and so on.Seems that plating is cheaper in Canada for whatever reason.My taillites for 69 were around $200 US/side and bumpers were $170 US.I have a few pieces in now being plated.Its a six week turnaround this time of year as everyone is trying to get the car together like you and I Anyway good luck with 'er;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts