Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its official I am now in the hunt for the perfect project car for my pro street project. The ideal car will be a 69 or 70, solid exterior sheet metal. A small amount of rust in the trunk area or shock towers and inner fenders will be ok as they will be replaced. It would be nice if the chrome and trim is good or better. A standard would be fine, XR 7's and Eliminators not needed but would be considered. No vinyl top is also preferred. Motor and trans not needed but a 351 w would be ok as I'm not compleatly certain if I want to go 460 or 393 yet. Interior not real important altough a nice int would be a plus. Oh yeah the price should be right and a midwest location would be an added bonus.

Am I asking for too much? mm

·
Registered
889 Posts
I think I migh have a lead

Hey Mark,I read the paper this morning,69 cougar whole or parts I called him,He just sold it to a buddy of mine who parts them out.He said mustangs are getting hard to find.Anyway,he paid 450.00 for it minus bumpers and motor 351w .so I called him his wife said he went to springfeild oh for a swap and will be home on monday.He still didnt pick the car up its in Vermillion Oh not far from cedar point on lake erie.Im going to call him anyway just to rib him for dicing up the car for parts ad not letting cougar owners have a chance for the parts they need.This guy is all about parts.Hell hes got 2 shelbys under tarps.Ive been workin on him,he wants 5000.00 for a 69 Q code.Hes done all the body work.but is in a million peices for 4 years.If I had the cash that would be the one.Ill see what he says. Dan

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan, I know what I'm looking for is out there and I'm in no great hurry so I can wait on the right car. $450 makes it sound like theres not much to it but you never know. A low up front price would definatly be an advantage since so much will be spent on it anyway. Also depending where the car is at they may have to sit on it a while after its paid for before I have a chance to pick it up. mm

·
Registered
889 Posts
I do have a couple of leads

Ill keep my eyes open if I find something under 1500.00 Ill let you know.First I got to jump all over this guy.He was supposed to be looking for me.The guy I bought my car off of has one more.He got rid of the oneI got for a down payment on a house.My next door neighbor is into cars,he says its a buyer market now the way things are money wise you can find some sweetheart deals if you got the cash. Good hunting. Dan

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dan. I dont have a set price in mind, it depends on the car. I mean if has a close to mint interior and alot of good chrome and trim then I would definatly be willing to pay more. I just dont want freshly painted body, new engines, trans and suspension pieces that I will not be using. mm

·
Registered
889 Posts
o.k.

you can find some on the net but distance becomes a problem.I like to look at the old ford rest home and the mustang ranch this guy has some decent cougars but washington is a little far.And as soon as you find one aong comes one better.That the way it always happens.Dan

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
check out

check recycler.com out for your cat there is a 69 with front end damage which might be a cewl canadite as the rest looks good and the price is at 950.00

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
he he he, i saw that one :) all it needs is a whole new front clip.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fellas. I thought I had one found in the In auto rv trader mag. It was a 70 std, 50k mile car. Needed a lf fender, headlight and bumper. Only about an hour from the house but of cours I called and it sold the day before. Finally I'm not a dollar short, just a day late. mm

·
Registered
889 Posts
parts stripper

Probably another mustang nut strippin it for parts. Dan:angryfi:

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
i also know of a 70

I also know where a 69 parts car can be had for around 400.00 1200 and you would be back up. email me off line if your interested.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, maybe later as I still would like to find one a little closer than California.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey there, you might want to try John's Cougars in Michigan. He had a few body shells from CA for around $2k as well as other Cougars for sale. See ya!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
body shell for 2k?????????? goddamn, maybe i shouldnt part the 70 after all and sell it to an easterner for 1k.......

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I forgot about Johns. Good idea, I'll give him a call.

Steve, if you'll sell it to an easterner for a grand you would probably deliver it to the midwest for that huh???? mm

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
well Mark, if you really want it i wont object. money talks and im broke as can be.... soon as i get it ill take pics of the damage

·
Registered
3 Posts
69 cougar hard top no vinyl and a rag top 69 also

call me im in wisconsin close to ill border 608 676 5790 or cell phone at 608-207-0264 ask for wayne thanx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts