Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey to everyone. I'm back into a Cougar after 25 years with a 69 xr7 conv. Please advise the what size 15" wheels and tires I can run on it. All help is appreciated...Al

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Bone, I am done here in Dallas, NC and I just purchased new rubber for my 69 convertible. I put 15x8 magnums w/ 275/60/15 on the back and 15x7's w/ 215/60/15's on front. Could have possible went 225's on front but couln't tell until I put these on.
Hope this helps Yarddog

·
Registered
889 Posts
you got the fever too

I waited 24 years to get back behind the wheel too.I drove mine around for a year before taking it apart.Welcome and good luck!I found plenty of help here.You will too

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yarddog said:
Hey Bone, I am done here in Dallas, NC and I just purchased new rubber for my 69 convertible. I put 15x8 magnums w/ 275/60/15 on the back and 15x7's w/ 215/60/15's on front. Could have possible went 225's on front but couln't tell until I put these on.
Hope this helps Yarddog
Hey, did you use the normal 4.5" backspacing on those rims?

·
Contributing Member
374 Posts
Yarddog do you have any pictures on the new rims & tires?? I am interested in how they look.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No, I sure don't. I couldn't post them if I did. Computer ignorant..... but Car smart. Sorry about that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts