Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a bad ignition switch anyone know if they are stilavailable ford,or just get a replacement....? also easiest way to remove?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I don't know about Ford but you could call them and ask. I would get a replacement from one of the Vendors. To remove, take the ground terminal off the battery, remove the bezel, they make a tool to do this, but it cost as much as the switch/almost.
You can use a needle nose pliers to insert into the slots and turn to left to get the bezel off, and then pull the switch down and unplug the harness.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
CJ123;

I bought the last one from WCCC. Mustang's Unlimited has them but they are expensive at $55. I just purchased one at my local NAPA store in CT for $17.39 part number is: KS6526SB its in their MPE line of aftermarket products. This ones made overseas but works fine. They also have a higher end unit if you prefer at a price of $30 +/-. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help,gotta love Advanced auto . Turned off the car yesterday and pulled the key out and the car kept running. Add that to a broken hood latch,and it makes for a "Christine" experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts