Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in doing the final prep work and fitting parts i am installing the hooker long tubes. Heres my issue they are 6111hkr's i am running a 347/c6 combo. I have been sitting on these parts for 4 years. the rh header hits the trans at the transpan with the collector . in trying to tighten it up at the front and rear of the head, the rear is out maybe a 1/4 of an inch. anyone ever deal with this? any easy way to modify the header or rebend it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
What I did ... on my AOD, with Coated Hedman Hedders, it just barely hit on one side .... when I took it to my exhaust guy to weld up my system, I had him cut off the collectors, cant them slightly, and weld them back up (from the inside) ... worked like a charm ... plenty of clearance

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
^^ That's what I was going to say - I had to have that done to a different config many years ago. (I sold those headers to somebody here) Currently my hookers clear the AOD with no mod's, but the AOD pan is longer and not as wide as C4/C6. Did you try fitting them up with gaskets installed? You might be able to clearance out a bit of the collector with an angle grinder if your just barely touching..? Might be a rattler if you don't get enough though....

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm i didnt try with a gasket, i will over the weekend. well on the lh side i gotta cut a boss off the trans. the trans is an 87 and has an area thats not needed or wanted on the 69! that side should go without issue. thanks for the insight guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts