Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this sounds stupid, just that I'm new to mercury cars

I love the look of the 69 Eliminator and was wondering how the factory hood scoop mounts.

Is it just bolted on or was it molded into the hood?

Is the hood scoop available?

where is the best place to find Cougar parts or reproduction stuff?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Repops of the scoop are sold also. WCCC, Mustangs Unlimited, etc...... all carry them.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/hoodscoop.html

I believe they come with a template as well to mark where the holes are to be drilled on top of the hood.
The repro's perhaps but not the OEM ones. WCCC does sell a template though. However, you only really need the template if you want to make the big hole in the middle correctly. There are holes in the understructure of the hood which are already there, just drill them through the top and you are good to go. The two rear most ones might be a bit more of a trick though, for those there is a larger hole in the understructure, so properly locating the hole in the hood skin would be a little tricky. The other holes nuts clamp the understructure and skin together when the nuts are tightened.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
OK Cougar Guy
52 Posts
When I saw the prices of a repro and NOS scoop I counted my good fortune finding an original years back thinking "someday I want to clone an Eliminator" I horse traded at the Pate swap meet in Texas and walked away with the actual Ford part number.......75 bucks!! Glad I did it on an impulse, cuz our cars ain''t cheap .
gg

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just got this scoop in the mail over the weekend and can't wait to get it installed. Haven't had a chance to look at the bolt holes under the hood since it's been raining since I got it. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be but seeing it in the house versus in relation to the big hood is probably why. Hopefully I can get it painted soon since I get impatient with stuff like this. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts