Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a gas door lens to a 1969 Cougar XR7. I know Don at WCCC does not supply them anymore, and have been waiting since november last year to get one from Autokrafters (who apparently dropship them from Australia).

Does anyone know where i can find one?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
One place i say is try ebay, or johns classic cougars.

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
West Coast Classic Cougar has sent out a sample of an original for consideration for a new reproduction.

The past reproduction supply has dried up, no one can say when or if, they will be manufactured again.

We would like to get the color quality of the red lens better on the next version.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!
Found that same one on eBay, guessing it will end at a high price. I think mustang unlimited is selling one, but at a very high price and i kinda doubt the "correctiveness" of the lens.
I think a repro of the gas door lens would be a great thing for most 69-70 owners, since they seem to break easily. I really hope you great guys at WCCC find someone who's up for the task! :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yeah, I 've been eyeing the ones on eBay too but I can't seem to pull the trigger on ones that seem to be in worse shape than my current one is in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Received our new lens from Autokrafters yesterday after almost 6 months of waiting. Sadly it doesn't look that good. It has some very rough edges and there's even a small crack in it already. At least its better looking that the one on the car, but improvements can definitely be made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts