Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little assistance in determining which of the AT lines is the sending line and which is the return line on my '69 standard with FMX. I have the radiator out and had it reconditioned and would like to reinstall it with a new tranny cooler. I want to hook it up in sequence and do not want to bypass the cooling tubes in the radiator. If I could fire it up I could tell by which one got warmer first but alas, I have more work to do on the block. Is the return line the passenger side or drivers side? Any helpwould be much appreciated.

John

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
A quick clik on the starter will spill some fluid out of the line determining the direction of flow.I think it goes from drivers to pass but check yourself for sure

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Ray. I have yet to hook up the juice as I am replacing the fuel lines and sending unit and at this time have the distributor out to replace the intake and carb. I can leave the lines to the radiator unhooked until I can get to the point that I can give it a crank or two. I appreciate your response.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts