1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm not so sure thats a Eliminator!! It has sport special rocker moldings and wheel well trim. Its missing the camera case dash inserts, no rimblow wheel etc. Besides that its a H code car by the VIN#, and I never heard of a 2bbl eliminator.

Personally I suspect it to be a sport special car and the only thing eliminator about it is the hood scoop and the side stripes!!

If thats the case he should be turned into E-Bay for fraud. mm

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinkin' Mark. I emailed him for the data plate info.... Like I said... no wing,no airdam, wrong color..... I saw the car up close But he didn't open the hood.... The only thing it has is the stripe... I think the owner doesn't know what it is

Don

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I sent him a link to CCOA site and to the Eliminator page. It can not be a Eliminator with the 351 2V engine. It does look like a nice car. I'm not so sure it's a $5K car but it may be.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
plus isnt that burl wood grain on the center console cant really tell whats on the dash from shine but arent they supposed to be black?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Also , Whoever redid this car did some strange things
1, all the chrome cougar scripts are gold
2, the raised ribs on the headlight doors and grill have been golded.
3, the gold paint itself is strange

Is it worth 5G's not IMHO! maybe 3.5 or so. Looks pretty solid although I didn't see under the hood so it could be trashed. You noticed he didn't include a pic of the engine compartment.:rolleyes:

Eliminator..... I think not!!!! I should have named this thread CLONE wannabe for sale..... Sorry....My bad!!!

Don

P.S.
Here is the info on the dataplate
body-65a,color-2,trim-1a,date-27m,dso-52,axle-6,trans-x,:angryfi: :angryfi:

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I got a reply fron the owner. Heres what he said;

"Thanks for the headsup because I had been questioned
about if it was a real eliminator or not.I bought the
car just like it is with the eliminator written on the
side and a couple of guys who really know classics
never said anything as far as it not being a
original.Thanks for the info."

Sounds to me like a good explanation. As to what the car is worth, well as I said I'm not so sure but who am I to tell some one what the car is worth. To realy do that I'd have to look at the car in person and do some research. Also were the car is makes some defferance in value.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If he didnt know the diff, fine. But if he dosnt make a correction soon we should all bid it up to like 12k and then have someone new register for the last bid and stiff him. mm

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Mark and all,
He has removed the Eliminator referance from the action.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Thats cool Neal, I said if it was a mistake and fixed it was fine. I was just thinking about the last couple people I dealt with on e-bay and boy were they some kind of a** wipes!!. mm

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are a ruthless bunch.... arn't we LOL

Don:eek2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts