Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the current market value for a restored 69 351 eliminator in fully restored condition as well as a driver condition car,and are 69s and 70s comparable in value? thanks

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I am by no means an expert on values. But, I'll go out on a limb and guess that a correctly restored 1969 M code Eliminator, to concours condition, would fetch near $60k at auction. My only caveat would be that it would be a John Benoit or KTM caliber restoration, using NOS or mint used parts.
Additionally, this Eliminator would need to have a factory sunroof, 4 speed transmission, air conditioning, power windows, AM/FM stereo, space saver spare, style steel wheels, and have a tilt swing steering column. All items would have to be Marti verified.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
... and of course, no 1969 Eliminator was optioned this way. All Sunroof Eliminators in 1969 were automatics.
You are no doubt correct, 101 sunroof Eliminators, and should all be Hertz rental cars. I was trying to illustrate a level of restoration, and that options come into play.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The answer to that Q is probably the same answer as this question: How long is a string?

/Tommy.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
All the strings I've ever met were already attached :-/

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
this Eliminator would need to have a factory sunroof, 4 speed transmission, air conditioning, power windows, AM/FM stereo, space saver spare, style steel wheels, and have a tilt swing steering column. All items would have to be Marti verified.
How many came as you describe (1?) and then how many 70 elim's had a 351,4 speed and a sunroof??

·
Registered
130 Posts
The 69 Eliminator is more desirable than a 70 Eliminator 'cause only in 69 could you order an "R" code car. Beside the 70 model has that big extended hood/nose style ugly front end. LOL

The most desirable is a: 69 Eliminator "R" code 428CJ/RA/4Spd/White. The Dearborn factory only made 10 White cars with these options, good for mid 13's in the 1/4 mile.

Chuck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar5uqULUSTI

·
Registered
936 Posts
The Q code in 70 with the ram air option is the same as the 69 with the R code, power-wise. There are some that might argue that a SCJ Eliminator in 70 with an automatic is quicker and less common than a 4 speed of the same year...
The 69 Eliminator is more desirable than a 70 Eliminator 'cause only in 69 could you order an "R" code car. Beside the 70 model has that big extended hood/nose style ugly front end. LOL

The most desirable is a: 69 Eliminator "R" code 428CJ/RA/4Spd/White. The Dearborn factory only made 10 White cars with these options, good for mid 13's in the 1/4 mile.

Chuck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar5uqULUSTI

·
Registered
130 Posts
People always related to Q code VIN to non ram-air secretary cars.(just kidding)

When you're talking Ford Performance: "R" code cars was the short version of saying Hi-performance Ford muscle cars. Just like the Mopar boys saying the word "Hemi" even the 426 street Hemi 1970-71 cars was an "R" code.

From the Fairlane Registry website: 428CJ vs 428SCJ

"There are no published differences in HP between the two engines. I feel that the standard CJ would show more HP on a Dyno due to the lighter reciprocating mass (eg:SCJ heavy connecting rods). Thus if you get an axle that let you wind up in a short distance, you also get a bit stronger lower end."

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
"Market value" of a vehicle is generally whatever someone else is willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
"Market value" of a vehicle is generally whatever someone else is willing to pay for it.
This is a correct statement. When someone asks what the value is what they are generally asking what do YOU think, (how much would you pay for) whatever it is being sold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts