Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I might be leaning towards selling my 69 Eliminator. All of the heavy lifting has been done. Tom at KTL did 90% of the bodywork, and had the motor (numbers matching) completely re-done as well. The car is currently at Vince Harwoods garage in Tampa. Vince can finish the car for probably 8-10 grand, or whoever buys it can decide that for themselves. I'm just in the beginning stages of starting a new business, and I simply cannot dedicate any time or money to this car anymore. It basically needs blocking and sanding, paint, and re-assembly, and a few odds and ends. All Eliminator specific parts are present, seats have already been re-done, etc. etc.

The car is an M code automatic, white with black guts, with air, power steering, and brakes. Marti is attached. If anyone has a serious interest, I can go over to Vince's and take some current photos, or just call me to discuss.

marti report.jpg

I'll mothball it before I'll give it away, so please don't insult me with $3000 offers......lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sooooo how about a price?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sooooo how about a price?
in an ideal world, I'd want to get 12-15 grand. Unfortunately though we don't live in an ideal world.

I'm open to REASONABLE offers........

(FYI, over 15 grand was spent on sheet metal work and the engine rebuild with KTL)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One other thing worth mentioning........

Since I don't really need the cash, in the right situation I would entertain doing a deal where I would take $5,000 up front, and I'll finance the rest at zero % interest for up to 18 months, or something like that, if it helps someone out........

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
WOW Terry, That'd be an awesome deal for anybody looking for one! I don't need another ecat, I don't need another ecat,.....<hypnosis at work>

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW Terry, That'd be an awesome deal for anybody looking for one! I don't need another ecat, I don't need another ecat,.....<hypnosis at work>
Time for the Jedi mind trick.......

"This IS the Ecat you're looking for"

haha

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Sweet deal.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
So $8-10K to "finish the car", meaning he'll finish off the bodywork, do the paint, and put all the other bits together so you end up with a running driving car?

If so, then lets do some math...
$12/15k + $8/10k = $20/$25k for a done car. Add $2k or so for "unforseen difficulties".
Sounds pretty close to market value on a good, clean E-cat to me.
Or, you could buy it for $5k and take the offered loan. Put in the $10k or so to have it finished, then try to flip it (yeah, I said it) for $22k-ish. Put $5k or so into your pocket after paying all the bills (and Terry).

Just thinking out loud here...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, anyone who is capable of handling the paint or assembly themselves rather than shopping it out would be able to finish the car for alot less.

I'm already taking a huge bath on the car anyways, so a few thousand here or there isnt really going to change my life in any meaningful way. So I'd probably take 11 grand for her, if it meant she was going to someone on this forum. Outside of here, I couldn't see taking less than 12,500, and even then I'd have to think it over.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Punch, wish I had the $$ to pursue your car but my son is going to Fullsail down in Orlando and will be there for the next 2 years. Sounds like a good deal, luck with the sale. SalD

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Punch, wish I had the $$ to pursue your car but my son is going to Fullsail down in Orlando and will be there for the next 2 years. Sounds like a good deal, luck with the sale. SalD
I would deliver it for free to Orlando........haha

·
Registered
87 Posts
First the garage space, THEN the car...first the garage space, THEN the car...

What a deal for someone looking for a fresh restoration and even better deal for someone wanting a great project. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
First the garage space, THEN the car...first the garage space, THEN the car...

What a deal for someone looking for a fresh restoration and even better deal for someone wanting a great project. Good luck with the sale.
LOL! I've come to the conclusion that I can park my daily driver in the driveway to put an Eliminator in the garage :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Punch, I would pick it up from Tampa if I could afford it! LOL

LOL! I've come to the conclusion that I can park my daily driver in the driveway to put an Eliminator in the garage :)
Mike, the wife's thunderbird is out in the rain today because I am working on the convertible in the space that she keeps her car.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Or, you could buy it for $5k and take the offered loan. Put in the $10k or so to have it finished, then try to flip it (yeah, I said it) for $22k-ish. Put $5k or so into your pocket after paying all the bills (and Terry).

Just thinking out loud here...
I was thinking about this again last night and I found that my math is faulty. $5k+10K=15, flip for 22ish, pay Terry the other $6k you owe him, then you will probably be lucky to break even.

I think it would be better off just keeping it for $21 all done, and know that if you had to sell it you would probably be ok.

Sal, my wife has made it clear that it won't be her car that sits outside. But she wants me to get a '93 Cobra, like I used to have. I told her if I buy the car that she wants me to buy, then her car has to sit outside :)

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
HEY AT LEAST I WASHED IT OVER THE WEEKEND! She was at her mom's and when I got her home, it is still out with the cover over it and her comment was, "I see the thunderbird was upgraded with a cover". Hopefully a few more days and I can pull my work station out of the garage and she can resume parking under cover. SalD cougar geek

·
Registered
442 Posts
Someone getting a really nice project at an incredible price.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Someone getting a really nice project at an incredible price.
Yes, it's someone on this forum, but I'll let them identify themselves if they choose to. I would have thought the car was worth more, but I guess the economy combined with my less-than-spectacular listing set the value at what it went for. Oh well, it is what it is, and something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it......

1 - 20 of 57 Posts